PDA

View Full Version : WTB nice soprano uke, old/new Martin/Kiwaya or similar quality, £800 to spend

mark howard
05-14-2017, 04:37 AM
Hi all,

does anyone have a nice soprano for sale, good condition vintage model Martin/Gibson models 2 or 3 or something like a Kiwaya kts7 or similar for the modern types, budget of around £800, uk or europe purchase or USA, if theres no issues with the cites stuff.

thanks Mark

Ziret
05-14-2017, 05:18 AM
I'm sure you check eBay for this, but Reverb and Elderly both frequently have used Kiwaya, and a KTS-7 just sold for well within your budget. If you can live without the bling, I think a KTS-5 is around that new, and is otherwise exactly like a 7. Good luck, if you get a Kiwaya, I think you'll be very happy with it.

Kevs-the-name
05-14-2017, 10:54 AM
I have just sold my Kala Elite Soprano. I can honestly say that these are one of the best out there. I just don’t play Soprano enough to justify keeping it.
The price of these is unbelievable. they really are that good!
I think people are put off by the Kala badge, but these are so much more than the ‘standard’ Kala you could buy. Even the case is great!

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Kala-Elite-Series-KOA-1-Soprano-Ukulele-Satin-Natural/1XOK
http://www.southernukulelestore.co.uk/Product/3115/Kala-Elite-Koa-1-Soprano-Solid-Koa-Matte-08030616-with-hard-case
A recommended purchase.

Pirate Jim
05-14-2017, 11:35 AM
I just bought Kev's Elite soprano. He ain't wrong - if you don't mind not having the extended fretboard of the KTS-7 I thoroughly recommend the Kala Elite.

Ukulele Eddie
05-14-2017, 12:55 PM
@Django just listed a recent Martin 3K for $930 USD. Definitely worth a look.

mark howard
05-15-2017, 02:09 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions chaps, I have now found an instrument, not exactly what I was initially after, but something I have always fancied, a 1920's gibson UB1

Be here in a few days, all set up and all original, new skin and strings, and owned by a pro performer/recording artist.

I'll let you know how I get on, just need to find a hard case for......

All the Mark