Anyone interested in an Ohana CK 28 "Nunes style" vintage re-issue review?

weeshan

Reaction score
Reviews take a bit to write up and this limited edition model isnt everyone's cup of tea (modeled after the original Nunes/Dias/Santo with lots of rope binding, flush mounted fretboard and narrow waist). Not much in the way of reviews online or on UU.

I just received this model last week...if there is interest, I will write up a full review.

I'd like to see one. Past models have been a little "rough"...been hoping they'd tidy them up a bit.

I'd be interested. I had one of the Anuenue 1879 models, which was the same sort of idea. It was an awesome uke, but a good deal pricier than the Ohana. I'd be curious how the Ohana stacks up.

I'm more interested in why you've lost interest in it after a week.

I'm more interested in why you've lost interest in it after a week.

KoaDependent...Ummmm, I have not lost interest? Im asking if anyone is interested in me posting a review of said uke. I just got it last week and love it.

I have one and it is a great uke...high volume, light and resonant!!!

The CK28 is my best uke. Sound, intonation and fretboard are wonderful.
I took a while to open up, but now it's much better than my Martin C1K (which I just sold).

I'm always interested in written reviews of any ukulele

I'm always interested in written reviews of any ukulele

Here, here.........couldn't agree more. If not for reviews how would we learn about instruments we don't have the opportunity to play. The only downside to a positive review is it makes me want to rush out and buy the instrument. Actually that is not such a bad thing, is it:rolleyes:

I will get a full review written up today. Like another member mentioned...Ohana's are extremely light and resonant, which is why Im a fan. They are imports, not "absolutely perfect" in terms of finish, or "not overworked" as MIM describes them. But the reasonable cost for an all solid instrument that is also extremely light and resonant (almost like the Martins) makes them absolutely worth it in my opinion. My two Ohana all-solid mahoganies with Oasis bright strings, are the only two out of my 8 instruments that have that true bell-like chime that I love.

Shannon

I will get a full review written up today. Like another member mentioned...Ohana's are extremely light and resonant, which is why Im a fan. They are imports, not "absolutely perfect" in terms of finish, or "not overworked" as MIM describes them. But the reasonable cost for an all solid instrument that is also extremely light and resonant (almost like the Martins) makes them absolutely worth it in my opinion. My two Ohana all-solid mahoganies with Oasis bright strings, are the only two out of my 8 instruments that have that true bell-like chime that I love.

Shannon
I just ordered a Nunes Concert, love flush fretboards, my 39th anniversary present.

I'm interested. I just bought a SK-28 and I've been curious to hear others thoughts and reviews on the 28s.

Just got one for my 39th anniversary. Concert size. Properly built. The delivery box felt empty, like it should.
Really liking it. Not overbuilt. Got it from Mims. Set up is perfect (as usual from her). Got it two day ahead of time (mon vs Wed).

https://youtu.be/74cftGvydi8

Last edited:
Top Bottom