My first true attempt at singing...

Jeff....

Remember, you asked for feedback, right? I've got to be honest with you. If I weren't, my comments would be worthless. Please take this is the way that it is offered....as constructive criticism.

I didn't understand a single word you sang until you got to the very end and sang the words "deprivation blues". Now, that could be due to any number of things, including....

- The uke was louder than the vocals on your recording

- You may need to ennunciate more clearly

- You may need to project more, vocally

That said, I think you should consider giving it another try! Get a better volume balance between the uke and the vocal, speak (sing) clearly, and belt out the vocal a bit more. I'd like to actually hear what your song has to say....

Some editing software might help, audacity or some such thing. Recording seperate tracks for instrument/voice and combining them later allows you to tweak the the volume of one or the other. But your playing is solid, and you wrote that? Very nice. I think you'll make it to the next round. Paula, what did you think?

Some editing software might help, audacity or some such thing. Recording seperate tracks for instrument/voice and combining them later allows you to tweak the the volume of one or the other. But your playing is solid, and you wrote that? Very nice. I think you'll make it to the next round. Paula, what did you think?

I can't find good ways to sync up the two tracks then with the audio and whatnot. Anyone have any tips?

-Jeff

Top Bottom