Three questions

Pandamonium

Reaction score
er, I'm a bit of a nub.. I have a Mitchell MU-70 and I know it's not that great of a ukulele, but are there certain kinds of strings that I should get or sound better with it? And my friend is going to buy a new one soon too, so what would be a well priced uke? And last, I'm learning while my guitar gently weeps, and I can't seem to strum as fast as you're supposed to without getting caught on the strings, are there certain ways to do it?

Wow.
three major questions.

Not too sure what kind of strings your after? But i guess you can try some yourself first and see how they all sound. I prefer Worths. But some hate worths. People prefer Aqullias. I hate them. LOL so you can see where im getting at.. :D

Well priced ukulele? Depending what type of sound your after. I would say straight away a high end uke. Like a kamaka. Thats where price range comes into play.

gently weeps strumming.. Trying D, D, U U U D for now. then you can do the triplets when you get it right. there are tutorials on youtube where they teach yoou how to strum that particullar section

I think Aquilla strings or one of the other big brands would make your uke sound much better.
If you want to get a semi-serious uke, you should think about spending between $200-$300 on a solid wood ukulele. Look at some other threads from beginners on this page, "what kind of ukulele should I get?" is a pretty common question around here.
Most of us can't play like Jake, but we all have fun anyway.:shaka:

Top Bottom