Looking for Tuners for Kamaka White Label

Patrick Madsen

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I picked up a l little '69 Kamaka White Label Koa soprano last night. No cracks or scratches though really dirty. The string slots look pristine; almost like the strings were never changed on it. It also came with an original fiber case.

The previous owner had the tuners changed because the luthier said they were gone. I think it was only the plastic knobs that were worn out and cracked from sitting in a closet for so many years.. He put on a cheaper set. They work okay but thought I'd either try to find a set of Kamaka originals or perhaps the Goths everyone raves about.

Any one have their old Kamaka tuners around for sale or where can I buy a set. Thought I'd check here before contacting Kamaka. I don't think the holes were drilled out.

I paid 170.00 for it. Did I get a good deal? :D It cleaned up beautifully. Will pick up a set of Martin M00 for it today.

Congrat's! Seems like a good deal to me if it sounds and plays good! Martins should work well on that sweet little uke!

no major damage? Fantastic deal. I was lucky enough to snag a pristine one for $199 with free shipping on a buy it now on Ebay. Based on recommendations, I installed Oasis lights.........wow! Never wanted one until I got one, now it won't leave here until I die.

Last edited:
Having problems editing again. Mine had the Grover Champion Deluxe tuners installed. A bit heavy, but I have no real need to change them. A great deal on them at Stewmac. If I need new ones, may have just installed 6B's

Fantastic deal Patrick, old Kamakas have great Mojo.

But.......no pictures and it didn't happen:rolleyes:

Why not put UPT's on Uke......or are you a fan of friction or simply wanting to keep a 69 vintage stock. I'm looking for a excuse - Uke. Ha ha that I can retro with UPT tuners and not have holes left over. Good luck searching.

Without pictures, it's like it didn't happen.

Here ya go and also Pictures posted on a NUUD thread.
Thanks M3, I normally am not a fan of friction tuners but would like to get the little fella back to its original self.
Other than the tuners, it's looks brand new; as does the case.

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0989.jpg
    IMG_0989.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0995.jpg
    IMG_0995.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I would get the Gotoh UPTs. I have a 2014 Kamaka pineapple that has them, and they are nice and smooth to tune. Very similar look to the old Schallers, but much easier to use.

So glad that soprano found you and will get played. Looks great!

Top Bottom