Second Open Mic!

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
So 2nd one went well. This time it was at a local Barnes and Noble by our college. There's a few other colleges around it so there were a lot of kids our age.

The first couple that went up were just poetry and a few guitar players, so needless to say when we got up there with the uke all eyes were on us. It feels like an advantage having the uke because people seem interested in what it can do. If there was 20 people performing tonight, 4 were poets, 15 were guitar players, and then there was brit, and me and my uke.

We played jason mraz's i'm yours first, we normally use that one to get any jitters we may be having out of our system. Most people know the song too so they stay interested.

Next we played our rendition of Tpain- Buy You a Drank. I call it out rendition because literally on the part that goes "In the bed like Ooo Oo Ooo" I basically go all out and it sounds like im doing it on stage. people love it. I had the 60ish people there crying. That song is always a good one because normally before us some guitarist just finished doing a depressing song. I like to lighten the mood.

Last we tried a new one, one that we switch it up and i sing most of it. We played Where Is The Love - Black Eyed Peas.. The microphone i had started ringing for some reason but besides that I did fine. We're trying to figure out a better ending for it still..

All in all it was a successful open mic, have another one this friday at our school and i'm going to try and get someone to record it for me. Hopefully i'll be able to get it up on here friday night.

:D

I watched your videos, you'd do awesome. Everyone loves a funny guy. Biggest thing I learned so far is just be yourself. It gets your audience comfortable and helps you relax. You seem like a funny guy so just be that and ppl will love you. Felt pretty good today to get a bigger reaction from the crowd then any of the bands who actually perform places for money. :) everyone loves a ukulele

Top Bottom