Large Termites attack uke maker

I owned one of these but it was a concert and it sounded great, wish I had never gotten rid of it.

So...hott...:love:

20090428_3588_edited-1.jpg

Hmm, interesting design, but IDK if I really like it. I think that if there are extra holes, it should be on the lefthand side, and in a nice oval shape. But that's just me...because it this one really does look like some termite raided the wood.

Dino...mine mine all mine lol I'm greedy nah just joking...

Kekani,
That is one sweet looking uke. Who ordered that one?

You would think it was MGM, greedy as he is, but not this time. This one went to my nephew, 14 years old at the time. Yes, he paid for it (but that's another story).

While the wood itself is not "killer curly koa", its grain pattern, and more importantly, how I got the wood is significant, so it became a stash piece. Besides, who would want an instrument made with koa that was attacked by termites anyway?

Suffice to say, here is an example of my Aquila past, along with the pinless bridge. Yes, this is an older instrument - I've moved way beyond since this.

Sorry to hijack the thread MGM, but I thought this would meld well with the termite theme. Shoot, maybe I'll throw a couple of side ports in the thinline on the bench (after seeing these) . . .

-Aaron

Das one sweet lookin uke Aaron . . . was it fo Imi an when he goin make anodda video?

did somebody mention twinkies?

i'm not too keen on the double cut outs on them ukes :( sorry to be the killjoy. each to their own!

Das one sweet lookin uke Aaron . . . was it fo Imi an when he goin make anodda video?

Actually, was for his older brother, Moani. `Imi has his 6-string Quilted Maple/Spruce, no termites. They were supposed to do a video this past weekend with `ukulele911, but I guess that didn't happen. Next up is Ticotico for the boys. We'll see how that goes.

i'm not too keen on the double cut outs on them ukes :(
Me neither...maybe if they were there in place of the regular soundhole instead of in addition to it but I'm still not sure.

Top Bottom