Anybody tried Tanglewood ukes?

nate9k

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm Nate and this is actually my first post on these forums. Having played ukulele for a few months now I have ordered myself a Tanglewood TU-KOAE-C concert electro acoustic. I ordered from the southern ukulele store so I know it will come properly setup. However I'm just wondering if anyone at UU has any experience with the Tanglewood models? I know they are a UK manufacturer but I can't seem to find any information about them online!

Cheers guys :)

Welcome to the forums.

I just have to say though. Its your first post and your asking us for advice on a ukulele you have already bought.:rolleyes:

Please in future ask for advice before you buy not after. Since you have already bought it you can tell us what you think when you get it.

Anthony

I have a Tanglewood TU-1 soprano and it's unbelievably good for the price. The laminate is thin and, according to the sound meter app I have on my phone, it's my loudest uke (not including the banjo uke!). I was most impressed by the neck and fretboard - not a sharp edge or imperfection anywhere. The action ast the nut was initially far too high but SUS should catch that for you. I think they're fantastic value, been toying with the idea of getting the equivalent baritone.

With all due respect I wasn't asking for advice per say, just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts if they had used any Tanglewood models in the past! I'll likely do a write up in the reviews section when it arrives :)

I have a Tanglewood TU-1 soprano and it's unbelievably good for the price. The laminate is thin and, according to the sound meter app I have on my phone, it's my loudest uke (not including the banjo uke!). I was most impressed by the neck and fretboard - not a sharp edge or imperfection anywhere. The action ast the nut was initially far too high but SUS should catch that for you. I think they're fantastic value, been toying with the idea of getting the equivalent baritone.

Good to hear! I'm so excited for mine to come, should be here around Tuesday or Wednesday next week, I'll have to let ya know what it's like :)

Great video kissing. What do you call the instrument you are playing the melody with.

Great video kissing. What do you call the instrument you are playing the melody with.

That is called an Ocarina.
It comes from China and dates back to over 12,000 years.
The modern version dates to the 19th century in Italy with the inventor, Giuseppe Donati.

Top Bottom