I heard it through the Grapevine on a Copley Tenor

anthonyg

Reaction score
I heard it through the Grapevine via Creedence Clearwater Revival on a Copley Tenor tuned E,A,C#,F#.

I'm playing the signature riff by sliding my thumb on the 4th string.

John Copley is a small luthier in Canberra who principally makes Resonator Guitars and Mandolins. He made a very nice Tenor ukulele from reclaimed Ribbon Mahogany which I bought from him. Its strung with Aquila Nylgut Baritone strings.

Anthony

Nice version and nice playing. Funny, because I have just started working on this song too. The mic stand is hiding your right hand index finger. Are you tapping quarter notes with your index finger? Nice groove

Beautiful playing, rendition!

Nice version and nice playing. Funny, because I have just started working on this song too. The mic stand is hiding your right hand index finger. Are you tapping quarter notes with your index finger? Nice groove

Thanks guys.

Yes I'm going to have to reposition the microphones and Computer (camera). My index finger is just hanging. I pick with thumb, Pointer and ring. The rhythm is from tapping my foot on a Beat-Root Stomper box which is also plugged into the interface.

For the record I have been regularly busking this song for at least 12 months. I've decided to pursue more paid gigs so I'm in the process of uploading my popular repertoire. More to come.

Anthony

Last edited:
Nicely done, my friend.

Top Bottom