Thank you, Forum, for...

OhioBelle

Reaction score
I thought I'd start this thread out of gratitude for all of the things I've learned from it. For example:

Today I was doing a first string change on my Kanile'a. Having been taught how to work bridge pins by my old guitar teacher, I thought I knew how they worked on this uke. Hah! Bridge pins flying! Popping me in the hand. Popping across the room and sending me scrambling to find them. I was about to cry in frustration.

Until I thought to search this forum and found a post with this specific problem, complete with a video from Joe Souza from Kanile'a himself. Turns out, you place the bridge pin with the slot AWAY from the string. Opposite of the guitar. Bam! Problem solved.

So thank you, UU Forum! I'm so grateful for all you do.

What are you all grateful for?

Until I thought to search this forum and found a post with this specific problem, complete with a video from Joe Souza from Kanile'a himself. Turns out, you place the bridge pin with the slot AWAY from the string. Opposite of the guitar. Bam! Problem solved.

Never had that problem myself, but I don't have a guitar. I always put the slot toward where the string is, might need a bigger knot and make sure the peg is seated firmly.

OhioBelle, isn't it nice when you can get some info here and fix it yourself?

Friendship, teachers, information, support, and inspiration.

Thanks to all, and you know who you are, who have made this a wonderful place to be.

I have found the people on this site amazing. Being a relative newbie to the Uke, and having been sent down the Uke path by ill health, I have found people caring, helpful and thoughtful. I don't know if it's the instrument, the music played on it or just a fluke of nature, but the people w in the Ukulele community are some of the friendliest people I know :)

Thank you, Forum, for...

....being a great place, with friendly people ready to help beginners & their, sometimes daft(?), questions. The people here encouraged me as a total newbie to uke, & have given me the confidence to join in & try different things out, without a word of criticism, just helpful comments. :cool:

Three cheers and a tiger!!! hehe

Petey

I don't know where I would be without this place.......seriously. It is Ukulele University with all the great friendly, helpful people here. The new friends I have made alone have made a big difference in my life. Thank you UU :love:

Thank you for this thread OhioBelle. I joined UU in 2008 and then my old computer had a melt down and I was lost until I signed up again. As others have written it is certainly a nice friendly environment for ukulele players to come to learn and share Stuff.

I started my ukulele journey in early 2014. At the same time, I started with the forums as a source of information.

It helped me buy my first "real" ukulele from a reputable dealer (HMS).

It also showed me what I was doing wrong when buying vintage "deals" (such wall hangers that I don't even list them in my signature), and what to look for in the successful purchases of my Harmony, Camp Ukes, and Silvertone ukes.

It is unlikely I would have had my Brueko, Mainland, or Outdoor Ukulele purchases as they would not have been on my radar without the enthusiasm and knowledge from the forums.

The Seasons encouraged me to try new things, and more importantly, to show my progress to others before it is 100% perfection.

And, the wonderful shared tabs created by our UU members enrich my repertoire every day.

Top Bottom