James Hill and Anne Janelle in Mass.

peanuts56

Reaction score
James and Anne will be performing in Cambridge, Mass. tonight and Williamsburg, Mass. tomorrow night.
Unfortunately I am unable to go to either show even though I'm not terribly far away.
If you're nearby and free get in the car and go. You will really enjoy them. We saw them in February in Madison Conn. and it was wonderful. They're both amazing. We got to meet James afterward and he's a very nice young man. Anne was tending to their toddler and didn't stick around too long.
James is also a very witty guy onstage. He's also a top notch fiddler. Anne is a very accomplished cellist, composer and singer. Very pretty as well.
Check their website for more info.

Last edited:
James and Anne will be performing in Cambridge, Mass. tonight and Williamsburg, Mass. tomorrow night.
Unfortunately I am unable to go to either show even though I'm not terribly far away.
If you're nearby and free get in the car and go. You will really enjoy them. We saw them in February in Madison Conn. and it was wonderful. They're both amazing. We got to meet James after ward and he's a very nice young man. Anne was tending to their toddler and didn't stick around too long.
James is also a very witty guy onstage. He's also a top notch fiddler. Anne is a very accomplished cellist, composer and singer. Very pretty as well.
Check their website for more info.

There are ukulele players and then there is James Hill. He is a very accomplished musician, multi instrumentilist, singer, songer writer and great performer. Coupled with his wife Anne on stage and they are a fabulous duo. I have seen them live as well and I would see them again in a heart beat. Highly highly recommended!!!!!

Somewhere on YouTube is a video of James and Anne playing with Jake Shimabukuro. I believe it's from a festival in Canada. It's fairly recent. Getting the two best ukulele players on the planet on the same stage doesn't happen very often. Kind of like watching Magic Johnson and Larry Bird play basketball together. Worth a look.

Somewhere on YouTube is a video of James and Anne playing with Jake Shimabukuro. I believe it's from a festival in Canada. It's fairly recent. Getting the two best ukulele players on the planet on the same stage doesn't happen very often. Kind of like watching Magic Johnson and Larry Bird play basketball together. Worth a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYqFJ5_0IJc

At the Winnipeg Folk Festival.

I've seen Jake on tour, but haven't had the pleasure of seeing James and Anne. Perhaps someday!

After I meet and listen to James in person, I think I can die happily....

After I meet and listen to James in person, I think I can die happily....
Nice quote. I have met and have pictures with Jake, James and Ohta San. That's the Mount Rushmore of ukulele players. All three are wonderful people as well as being three of the best to ever pick up the instrument.

Top Bottom