FS: An Untamed Brüko #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitazora

Reaction score
I am selling my first Brüko #6. I recently acquired another one and have decided to let the first go. It is in pristine cosmetic condition and recently strung with Worth Browns.

It is a typical Brüko #6 - boomy, barky, and loud - with a large personality that refuses to be subdued.

The action was in the stratosphere when I first bought it, but over time I have lowered it with each string change and now it is only moderately high, but very playable.

This sale includes a Rock Gig Bag.
$115.00 plus $25.00 to ship 2-day priority anywhere in the CONUS.

Attachments

• IMG_5801.jpg
    IMG_5801.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_5802.jpg
    IMG_5802.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5804.jpg
    IMG_5804.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5805.jpg
    IMG_5805.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5806.jpg
    IMG_5806.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
More photos.

Attachments

• IMG_5807.jpg
    IMG_5807.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5808.jpg
    IMG_5808.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5803.jpg
    IMG_5803.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5809.jpg
    IMG_5809.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5810.jpg
    IMG_5810.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 43
What a little beauty.
I see it's a one piece bridge/saddle!
I assume you're saying you sanded the saddle to lower the action... Intonation is not adjustable?
Wondering what players think of this...?

Last edited:
What a little beauty.
I see it's a one piece bridge/saddle!
I assume you're saying you sanded the saddle to lower the action... Intonation is not adjustable?
Wondering what players think of this...?

Yes, filing and sanding the the top of the saddle is the only way to lower the action on these Brüko standard models. No way to compensate the saddle. In spite of that, these are great instruments and a great value for a solid wood ukulele. The intonation on this model is pretty spot-on and the action, although still a bit high, around 3mm at the 12th fret, it is still quite playable.

I like the No 6 especially for playing early music. It you search Wilfried Welti on YouTube, you can see what I am mean.

I love all Brukos, especially the number 6.
The action and intonation is usually spot on from the factory. But there is personal preference. :)

I had one of these, which I bought here off the Marketplace. I actually regret getting rid of that one. These are great and highly recommended especially at that price. Good luck on the sale!

I have decided to take this item off the marketplace for a while.
If you are interested though, please PM me.
Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom