Jammin' and tabs.

Rllink

Reaction score
A friend had a rendition of Amazing Grace that he was going to email me the tabs. It was the sheet music complete with staff, notation, and little chord charts above the staff. Not what I expected when he said tabs.

I went to a jam session. There were people sitting in rows and following along off a screen where the chords and lyrics to songs on a playlist were being projected. Not what I expected when I heard they were going to do some jammin".

A friend had a rendition of Amazing Grace that he was going to email me the tabs. It was the sheet music complete with staff, notation, and little chord charts above the staff. Not what I expected when he said tabs.

I went to a jam session. There were people sitting in rows and following along off a screen where the chords and lyrics to songs on a playlist were being projected. Not what I expected when I heard they were going to do some jammin".

Unfortunately these are just more examples of "cool-sounding" terms being adopted by those who don't really understand the original meaning, but common usage prevails and the meaning effectively changes!

Trans-atlantic "interpretation" can have a similar effect ... you say tomato and I say tomato etc ;)

Top Bottom