WTB Inexpensive Banjolele

bigsciota

Reaction score
Looking for an inexpensive banjolele, in the $100 and under range. If you have one of those Kmise, Sidekick, Rally, etc. banjos that you bought off eBay or Aliexpress that you're moving on from or don't play much any more, I'd love to take it off your hands. I'd prefer something ready to play, no project ukes or anything with significant defects.

I'm in Massachusetts, if that makes a difference for anyone, and would be willing to pick up if you're close.

Yeah, I've seen those (I think those are the ones often marketed as "Kmise"). I figured I'd check to see if anyone bought one and is now looking to unload it, but if not, I'll probably order one of those.

With these, can afford a few upgrades like "authentic" Aquila strings, not Chinese knockoffs, etc. Maybe a little "set up" work. The bridge will need to be set correctly with any of them. Hard to get one to stay in place unless it's shipped in a hard shell case. Can even upgrade the vellum if desired and end up with a banjo uke that sounds like it costs more. Many lose interest in them and will have not lost much. Get serious, and you'll be shopping for a Deering. LOL

I just got a Gold Tone BUC1 for $199 from Uke Republic. It's good value for the price.

The kmise are only $100 or less for one with a tuner and gig bag on ebay. I bought a maple one, they even come with binding and a back. My friend liked it so much he bought a mahog one. $85 without the bag and tuner. These also have tunable heads and decent hardware, unlike some that are 2x as much.I think the Deering sound better, but are 4x the $ and are huge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom