Mainland Honeybee Mahogany prototypes

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
Mainland has a few prototype samples of our new Honeybee Soprano. These are a light colored solid mahogany with bamboo binding on the sides. Each has an under saddle pick-up. There are a few minor, mostly cosmetic issues with these first samples, but overall they are pretty sweet and the electronics are loud and clear. Each comes with a case for $260 while they last. Contact me at mike@mainlandukes.com if interested.

Mainland has a few prototype samples of our new Honeybee Soprano. These are a light colored solid mahogany with bamboo binding on the sides. Each has an under saddle pick-up. There are a few minor, mostly cosmetic issues with these first samples, but overall they are pretty sweet and the electronics are loud and clear. Each comes with a case for $260 while they last. Contact me at mike@mainlandukes.com if interested.

Pics?

Great name! And I want you to offer a pineapple model with honeycomb detail on the body! :shaka:

Very nice! You've got me wondering about sopranos now. And here I was a confirmed old tenor guy...

I want a honeybee soprano!! and I have enough too, but my parents would kill me after they just bought me my cedar-tone concert from you all, which I absolutely love and adore!!! sigh...they don't understand, you can never have too many!! :D

i own one of these.
i'd recommend it, it's really growing on me.

i was all set to buy a cedar top when these first showed and i needed something i could plug so, so i went for it.
at first i was a little surprised how punchy it sounded compared to my other mahogany ukes (which are more mellow and 'woody' sounding). but, it's really growing on me.
it's a stunning to look at, well built and it plays really well.
hm... not a proper review.
here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VVI8MBUOkk

That is a sweet uke! very nice. Will it come in any other sizes? Perhaps a Bumblebee size?

–Lori

Mike, any chance you'd offer the Honeybee's binding on other ukes, like say a Mahog Tenor?

Top Bottom