Rebel (tenor) question

DaveY

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the neck on a Rebel tenor? I assume the width is 1.375" at the nut, but what about the depth/thickness?

As comparison, I'm familiar with:

thick = Pono
medium = Kala (I think...?)
thin = KoAloha
thinner = Kanilea

Thanks.

Perhaps you can send an e-mail to HMS asking them.

Perhaps you can send an e-mail to HMS asking them.

That's what I'd usually do -- email them or call them. But I'm finding that it has become more difficult to get responses from them, so I'm asking here.

Is it 1.375 at the nut? Hard to tell from a pic, but the one on the Uke Site looks like it could be 1.5? Maybe? I dunno... Seems like a great excuse for you to call Hawaii and get wished aloha. :)

Is it 1.375 at the nut? Hard to tell from a pic, but the one on the Uke Site looks like it could be 1.5? Maybe? I dunno... Seems like a great excuse for you to call Hawaii and get wished aloha. :)

Gee, everyone (2 people) wants me to call Hawaii. Maybe I should make it a conference call.

Hell, I'll just fly there and measure it myself!

[insert emoticon indicating a joking intention]

That's what I'd usually do -- email them or call them. But I'm finding that it has become more difficult to get responses from them, so I'm asking here.

Sorry about that. We're trying. Nut width is 1 7/16". Their necks are a medium thickness with a nice C shape. Very comfortable. Close to a newer Kamaka if you've played one of those. Mahalo.

Sorry about that. We're trying. Nut width is 1 7/16". Their necks are a medium thickness with a nice C shape. Very comfortable. Close to a newer Kamaka if you've played one of those. Mahalo.

Thanks, Andrew.

Gee, everyone (2 people) wants me to call Hawaii. Maybe I should make it a conference call.

Hell, I'll just fly there and measure it myself!

[insert emoticon indicating a joking intention]

I was also gently questioning your original assumption about the nut width. Just trying to help.

I find Andrew very responsive on email.

ive got 2 rebel tenors.

The neck is very comfortable.

Not thick like a pono.
kala's have alot of different necks. The slotted headstock ones are thicker, and then lower end laminates are thinner.

It doesn't feel thin like the lower end kalas. The thickness of the rebels feels very good, and right to me. maybe a little thinner than the slotted head kalas.

ive got 2 rebel tenors.

The neck is very comfortable.

Not thick like a pono.
kala's have alot of different necks. The slotted headstock ones are thicker, and then lower end laminates are thinner.

It doesn't feel thin like the lower end kalas. The thickness of the rebels feels very good, and right to me. maybe a little thinner than the slotted head kalas.

Thanks for this, Spook.

I have found the Rebels I have played to be very comfortable! The Elysium (6-string) has been my favorite so far.

I have a very nice Rebel Curly Maple/Cedar Circle of Fifths slothead tenor. The neck is medium to thin, with a very comfortable C shape. Very light build, great tone and projection.:shaka:

I love Rebel ukes! Unfortunately, I missed out on the recent eBay auction for a Rebel Rosewood/Cedar slothead Livingston tenor. The original buyer/owner bought it from bruddah Andrew @ HMS/theukulelesite.com. I got outbid at the end of the auction and couldn't get onto the internet at the time. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom