Anyone have a recently purchased KPK pineapple?

I was fortunate to be able to purchase a KPK longneck soprano Pineapple from PhilUSA from this Forum.
it's in transit to me now and I'm anxious to receive and play it :) will report back after having it a while :)

in terms of relevance to the thread, it is not new. Not sure how long ago it was purchased.

Oops, I meant to suggest searching for "KPK longneck pineapple" to see pics.

keep uke'in',

never heard of kpk. And their website does not have any specifics about their company...hmmm.

Thanks... had seen a couple of them. I am new to this all and had seen on the buying forum that they had changed seller, distributor or something fairly recently, so thought maybe the ones on their site may be old/different.
I actually emailed to see about pricing etc, they seemed to be fairly well priced, but had zero pineapple options available as of about 4 weeks ago.

They do look pretty good for the price...though I just ended up buying a uke from HMS (based on everyone's feedback about their work etc).

Thands again.

dh

for those of you looking for KPK, which stands for Koa Pili Koko, Google Pili Koko (company name).

I used to think the company name was KPK or Koa Pili Koko, but it seems the 'Koa' refers
to the wood used in their Koa models :)

keep uke'in',

My KPK isn't a pineapple, but it is the deluxe concert acacia model--I purchased directly from them and added the bone hardware option. It's a really fine uke for the money, but it's not terribly loud. The tuners don't feel very great, but they actually do a good job of maintaining intonation. I switched mine to low g, and had a tough time fitting the low string into the hole, but it finally went after no small effort!

Anyway, I'm happy with mine overall.

I ended up ordering from Devon after being unable to reach Jason, from whom I had bought a few KPK ukes. Unfortunately Devon has been banned from the Forum for not following posting rules so you'll have to deal directly with the Aiersi website.

Top Bottom