Custom Builders

Kanaka916

Reaction score
I've compiled a partial list of builders (in no particular order) for those interested in a high end or custom instrument. If you're looking for a Hawaiian built instrument, I haven't included a number of the builders in the 808 which will probably be another list.

One of each, please.

Thanks for putting this up. Also there's Tom Guy of Bluegrass Ukuleles and Dave G of Waverly ukes.

Makani Ukulele: Translated Website

M's Craft/Kai Ukulele: Translated Website

This is a father and son team. The father is M's and the son Kazu is Makani.

AWESOME UKES!!!!!!!!!

When I make my first million a MP baritone pineapple, black walnut sides and back, cedar top will be mine. :nana:

DSC01976.jpg

Last edited:
There's a builder in Eugene, Oregon - Spruce House...haven't seen or played his stuff, but like his website and philosophy of reluctance to add bling that won't help the tone...

http://www.sprucehouseukuleles.com/

you could also add the hawai'i builders too.Paul Okami (KoAloha), Casey Kamaka (Kamaka), the Kitakis' (Ko'olau), Derek Shimizu (G-String), Joe Souza (Kanile'a)

you could also add the hawai'i builders too.Paul Okami (KoAloha), Casey Kamaka (Kamaka), the Kitakis' (Ko'olau), Derek Shimizu (G-String), Joe Souza (Kanile'a)
Note the last part of my post...
. . . for a Hawaiian built instrument, I haven't included a number of the builders in the 808 which will probably be another list.

Kaneohetiltheend said - you could also add the hawai'i builders too.Paul Okami (KoAloha), Casey Kamaka (Kamaka), the Kitakis' (Ko'olau), Derek Shimizu (G-String), Joe Souza (Kanile'a)
I agree. There omission implies they are not custom builders. :confused:

Top Bottom