NUD PONO PC 5 SERIES CEDAR/ROSEWOOD TENOR (RTSH5-PC-C-SPO) tomorrow

valde002

Reaction score
So I decided to nab one of the newer Pono models to see what all the fuss about Pono is. I was attracted to this model in particular because first of all it has a cedar top, a radius fretboard, and this one also features a side sound port. I just love the side sound port on my Hoffmann concert; it's like having speakers point right at me (which may or may not be a good thing, lol). If one looks for this model on-line, it is nowhere to be found, so it must be pretty unique (for now anyways).

This one is a tenor and will see how much my playing has grown and if I can reach the cords on this puppy. (had a kala TEM but I found that it was hard to hold and could not barre or reach the chords very well so I gave it to my brother to try- think it was the higher action that discouraged me). That was last year, and now I want to see if I can include tenor scales to my lineup. If not, this one would be very special anyways.

So I will pick it up from the Fed-ex office tomorrow and will check it out. I have high hopes for this. Looking for it to: 1. feel great and 2. sound good. Then again, maybe it should have come with Corey to play it.

Will look to post pix and maybe do a sound sample. If all goes well, this will be my last new uke (yeah, right)...

Looking forward to pics and your comments once you have played it. Nice combo of wood. I have two Pono's and wondered about the sound port. I want one and I want UPTL tuners There was a nice ONE OF awhile back on HMS which was a Pono, side sound port, but also a beveled arm rest. It went quick for under a grand. Finish was nice. I think they may be having a new Master Series coming with features I just mentioned.

I have an older version of this instrument (Cedar/Rosewood slotted head PC model before the 5 came out; no sound port). I play my Opio Tenor more, but when I play the Pono I like it a lot and stop thinking about selling it. I look forward to seeing yours!

oooooooooooo.....

Apparently "tomorrow" never comes.

Its a guaranteed jinx when you state a uke is being delivered and a NUD is pending.

20170612_120613.jpg Sorry, had to work the past few days and couldn't get time for some pix. Here are some photos...20170612_120531.jpg20170612_120531.jpg

Attachments

• 20170612_120653.jpg
    20170612_120653.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Top Bottom