Dylexic Kamaka

Tsani

Reaction score
Ever seen a dyslexic Kamaka? This has one has the headstock decal put on backward. I wonder if it was a factory reject that got taken home. The Kamaka gold label was mostly torn out - probably to keep it from being sold through normal retail. Anyway - an oddity. If I was not tapped out from previous attacks of UAS I might bid on it, but I think it would be cool to own. It is a Kamaka so it probably sounds great, despite the cosmetic flaw.

http://cgi.ebay.com/curly-koa-pinea...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:2|294:50

(Apparently I cannot spell "dyslexic" :-D

Attachments

• Kamaka.JPG
    Kamaka.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Ever seen a dyslexic Kamaka? This has one has the headstock decal put on backward. I wonder if it was a factory reject that got taken home. The Kamaka gold label was mostly torn out - probably to keep it from being sold through normal retail. Anyway - an oddity. If I was not tapped out from previous attacks of UAS I might bid on it, but I think it would be cool to own. It is a Kamaka so it probably sounds great, despite the cosmetic flaw.

http://cgi.ebay.com/curly-koa-pinea...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:2|294:50

Dyslexic Ukulele player of the world untie

It's possibly an inverted image. I see that once in a while, like a right-handed player playing left-handed in a picture. :)

This was my thinking as well... Maybe when they resized it it happened?

Not in the image

The logo is actually backward on the uke itself - according to the seller. I don't know how the decals are put on, but it was reversed in the real world not the digital world.

Remembering back to my early model airplane days I think there were some decals that would go on either way. I also suspect that the final coat of varnish is applied after the decals are put on.

I think that the gold label was removed at the manufacturer because of the flaw.

Top Bottom