WTB: Blackbird tenor

Otterishly

Reaction score
I'd be happy to own a Blackbird tenor of any description, but the absolute dream machine would have the following features, in order of preference:

1. Farallon model
2. radius fretboard
3. Misi pick-up

Let me know if you've got a Blackbird you're ready to part with, and "were only waiting for this moment to arise!"

Thanks,
Leslie

Good luck with your quest for a Blackbird tenor. I recently acquired a Farallon with the MiSi pickup but not the radius fretboard. It's an inspiring instrument and has taken my uke playing in many new directions. Speaking of features, I was excited to learn I could have a soundport added after the fact, so the Farallon is currently back in San Francisco getting that cut in. A few fellow UU'ers were instrumental in that decision.

Hi, Etudes--

When I made this post, I didn't realize that a sound port was an option, or I would've had that on the list. (I subsequently did notice that on their website, as was coming back to amend my post--only to find your post on the same topic!)

It's really good to know that one can be added after the fact, since if a used one were to show up, it's unlikely it would have the sound port. I'm also a little surprised that it's possible to add one; I thought the front sound hole was usually made smaller when there's a side port, because of resonant frequency issues...?

Anyhow, thanks so much for letting me know that the factory is willing and able to add the sound port.

I sent a PM

Would, however still be interested in one with radius fretboard (with or without Misi; with or without side sound port, but preferably with), if there are any of those lurking around out there! ;-)

Top Bottom