Is Ukulele Mike Lynch still active

Samster

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy Abe book of some ukulele tab for can't help falling in love, which I've be and looking for, for a little while,

But I can't find anything this year from him, or any signs of being active for a long while.

Has anybody purchased anything, or heard from him recently?

Fingers crossed he is still active in the ukulele world, I really like his arrangements!

Thank you!

Sam

He is still active because I got a youtube notification yesterday about his new Chord/Melody ebook #4. Go search it out on youtube

I'm looking to buy Abe book of some ukulele tab for can't help falling in love, which I've be and looking for, for a little while,

But I can't find anything this year from him, or any signs of being active for a long while.

Has anybody purchased anything, or heard from him recently?

Fingers crossed he is still active in the ukulele world, I really like his arrangements!

Thank you!

Sam

My recent experience has not been positive. I "donated" $20 to Mike's website ordering his download of chord melody songs and, after a couple of weeks of waiting, I began sending e-mails via his website and got no response. Finally, my patience ran out and I asked Paypal to investigate. Apparently, they too got no response and refunded my payment. Don't get me wrong, I am not flaming Mike. In fact I owe him a great big kudos for all that he has contributed to the uke community with his utube videos. I certainly took advantage of this free resource during my initial beginning ukulele self taught learning experience. He make music simple enough for talent challenged old fogies like me to really feel like I'm actually making music. Thanks, Mike. I'll try again to make that purchase when I start getting a response to my emails.

I hope that he is OK. I watched his videos and learned a lot from them. I appreciate his enthusiasm.

I just ordered his Chord Melody book 4 today and received the eBook within 1-2 hours.

My recent experience has not been positive. I "donated" $20 to Mike's website ordering his download of chord melody songs and, after a couple of weeks of waiting, I began sending e-mails via his website and got no response. Finally, my patience ran out and I asked Paypal to investigate. Apparently, they too got no response and refunded my payment. Don't get me wrong, I am not flaming Mike. In fact I owe him a great big kudos for all that he has contributed to the uke community with his utube videos. I certainly took advantage of this free resource during my initial beginning ukulele self taught learning experience. He make music simple enough for talent challenged old fogies like me to really feel like I'm actually making music. Thanks, Mike. I'll try again to make that purchase when I start getting a response to my emails.

Is this the email address you used?
theukuleleman2012@hotmail.com

Is this the email address you used?
theukuleleman2012@hotmail.com

Not sure, Brenda. I used the link in your recent post about the 52 chord melody arrangements to purchase the download. When I got no response I began trying to contact him through his "official" website contact link but never got a response. I think that if he is not going to respond to the contact link on his website that he should shut it down rather than have one or more addresses. That only tends to befuddle old worn out non techie brains like mine. Maybe I'll try to reach him through the address you show. Thanks.

I just ordered his Chord Melody book 4 today and received the eBook within 1-2 hours.

Really? I donated yesterday around 12 I think, but not been sent anything yet, fingers crossed!

Just tried to email him, and got this

"Your mail message to the following address(es) could not be delivered.
This is a permanent error. Please verify the address(es) and try again."

I was hoping to be able to print this before my holiday tomorrow, but looks like I'm not going to be able to by the looks of things aha

It was just a few weeks ago that I ordered and received within a day his chord melody books. I ordered via his website at ukulelemikelynch.com. You need to use the "donate" button to order in the comment section.

Really? I donated yesterday around 12 I think, but not been sent anything yet, fingers crossed!

Yea I clicked on the donate button on his website which took me to PayPal. I sent the payment around 2:45pm yesterday and around 3:30 I received an email with the eBook attached. The email was sent from this address: theukuleleman2012@hotmail.com

Mike is indeed still selling his books, and has been very prompt in answering emails. This is the address I've used: theukuleleman2012@hotmail.com

I finally bit and ordered book. Ken Middleton also has some wonderful resources...but I wanted to try Mike's arrangements. I ordered via PayPal around 4pm, and received an e-mail before 9pm with the book.

I have no complaints...the book has a nice selection of melodies and there are enough challenges to keep me going for a while. The book is designed so that you generally play with your thumb...I am going to try to use traditional finger picking approaches (as per Aaron Keim) at the same time. A few of the songs are his own compositions..and that is fine with me...as a trained classical musician I can read the melody and rhythm, even if the tab isn't 100% solid for me yet.

I never went into ukulele wanting to learn tab...and here I am, having more than learned it.

Anyway...you can order...but I did follow the request...PayPal button, and in the memo write what you are purchasing.

I'll probably add books 2, 3, and 4...as well as his Christmas book in the coming months.

I don't know why it amuses me, but since I joined UU in 2013, about every 6 months or so, there has been a new thread, or updated post to an old thread, that asks if Mike Lynch is still 'active' or still 'alive'...

Seems he fades in and out of contact at different times, for some reasons unkown...

Top Bottom