Where is this bolt from?

Timbuck

Reaction score
I was going through a box full of bits that were stored in my attic..And came across this strange looking bolt with a square head and flange...I remembered it from coming off a guitar I had in the 1950's..The guitar was a bottom end light colour sunburst archtop with "F" holes a white scratch plate and an adjustable angle neck... this bolt was the adjuster... it was recessed into the heel and it needed a "clock key" type wrench to adjust it...I removed the neck to fit onto a solid body electric guitar I was trying to make at the time and this bolt is all that remains....Can anybody identify the Guitar it could have come from..I think it could have been a "Kay"
PICT3019.jpg

Last edited:
I was going through a box full of bits that were stored in my attic..And came across this strange looking bolt with a square head and flange...I remembered it from coming off a guitar I had in the 1950's..The guitar was a bottom end light colour sunburst archtop with "F" holes a white scratch plate and an adjustable angle neck... this bolt was the adjuster... it was recessed into the heel and it needed a "clock key" type wrench to adjust it...I removed the neck to fit onto a solid body electric guitar I was trying to make at the time and this bolt is all that remains....Can anybody identify the Guitar it could have come from..I think it could have been a "Kay"
PICT3019.jpg

If my memory serves me right it was a unique Frankenstein model Mark 1 made by an English female luthier called Mary Shelley. It never caught on since it took hellish amounts of electricity before you could get a sound out of it

If my memory serves me right it was a unique Frankenstein model Mark 1 made by an English female luthier called Mary Shelley. It never caught on since it took hellish amounts of electricity before you could get a sound out of it

:biglaugh:

Sounds close enough

Top Bottom