New brigde pins for my Kanile'a concert

FinnP

Reaction score
New bridge pins for my Kanile'a concert

Bought these bridge pins to replace the plastic ones.
they're unslotted ebony with abalone dots.
The pins are a tiny bit smaller than the originals, but the fit is perfect, so it's not necessary to do any sanding.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131552706852
IMG_0545.jpg
IMG_0550.jpg
IMG_0543.jpg

Last edited:
Cool! I got some rosewood/abalone pins from Kanile'a...
pinbridge.jpg

Thanks for sharing! I really like my Kanilea, but was never a fan of their plastic pins and tuner buttons. I wish they'd upgrade them to wooden ones. Maybe HMS could provide an extra service to their customers by providing an option for changing out those plastic parts for a small upcharge, kind of like they do with UPT versus friction tuners...?

I switched out the plastic pins and buttons for ironwood and abalone pins and rosewood buttons a few months after buying my Kanile'a.

Rosewood buttons aren't cheap or easy to make; I can understand why Kanile'a doesn't include them as standard. I agree that an HMS upgrade option would be nice.

I switched out the plastic pins and buttons for ironwood and abalone pins and rosewood buttons a few months after buying my Kanile'a.

Rosewood buttons aren't cheap or easy to make; I can understand why Kanile'a doesn't include them as standard. I agree that an HMS upgrade option would be nice.

Where did you buy your rosewood buttons? Can you please post a pic of them installed your uke? Thanks!

I bought the bridge pins from John Reuter and the buttons from Bill Nichols. The buttons are sized for the guitar and you might have to modify them a bit to get them to "lock" on the ukulele tuners, but those aren't problems for me. I don't have an easy way to post pictures at the moment, but I'll post pictures when I can. The tuner buttons would probably look too big on a concert or a soprano; a few traditionalists have told me they look a a bit Mickey Mouse-esque on my super concert.

Last edited:
Where did you buy your rosewood buttons? Can you please post a pic of them installed your uke? Thanks!

Kanile'a is working on some koa tuner buttons, but they aren't available yet...

I bought the bridge pins from John Reuter and the buttons from Bill Nichols. The buttons are sized for the guitar and you might have to modify them a bit to get them to "lock" on the ukulele tuners, but those aren't problems for me. I don't have an easy way to post pictures at the moment, but I'll post pictures when I can. The tuner buttons would probably look too big on a concert or a soprano; a few traditionalists have told me they look a a bit Mickey Mouse-esque on my super concert.

Thanks, Ireally appreciate the info!

Kanile'a is working on some koa tuner buttons, but they aren't available yet...

Cool, how would I check availability and stay updated, just call them up directly or is this info from a store?

Thanks for letting me know about the issues with the links. I fixed the links embedded in my previous post.

They are still not working - at least for me. Error 403...

I tried to fix the links again. Let me know if you're still having issues.

Cool, the links are working great now, thanks. I think this is a terrific change, when I had my Kanilea, I swapped out the tuner buttons and bridge pins for koa as I felt they were a lot classier than the plastic. Good move by Kanilea.
IMG_3077.jpg

Since my first post I bought myself a new K1 t dlx tenor :)
I promptly ordered 6 more bridge pins, just to find out that the bridge holes on the tenor are smaller than the ones on my (old) concert ??? Kanilea must have changed the diameter (about 1-2 mm). Now I have to sand the pins to fit

Bought these bridge pins to replace the plastic ones.
they're unslotted ebony with abalone dots.
The pins are a tiny bit smaller than the originals, but the fit is perfect, so it's not necessary to do any sanding.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131552706852
View attachment 100865
View attachment 100866
View attachment 100867

Top Bottom