Soprano Martin Style 2 mahogany. No vintage. 2012

unrealdark

Reaction score
A friend has asked me to make him an offer for his Martin. It is in very good condition. Hard case included. What would be a fair price?
I have no idea.
Thank you!

Many Ukes sold on this site are about 25-30% off from retail price.

I would use www.theukulelesite.com as good example as a competitive price for a brand new instrument.

Many Ukes sold on this site are about 25-30% off from retail price.

I would use www.theukulelesite.com as good example as a competitive price for a brand new instrument.

Except HMS (theukulelesite) doesn't sell Martins, elderly.com does, they also sell used Martins, check there...

Also, there's some 30's and 40's ones on ebay for $450-$650, personally I would go that direction. The bad part is you can't play before buying...

Last edited:
There's a brand new one at my local Martin dealer for $1,050, and if I had the dough I would already own it. That gives you an idea of what he paid for it. If I were in your position, I would probably offer him $800 as a starting point. If he's motivated to sell, that's a very air price in your favor and is in no way insulting. Even if you back and forth a bit on the price, $900 is an overall fair price, IMO.

Good luck! I hope you get!

Scooter

Edited to add:

I just realized you're in Spain. That may well mean the original price was higher than it would have been here in the US. Adjust my original numbers accordingly!

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments.

I think he bought it to another one, used, 2 years ago. But no problem for me.
I also have to pay for the shipment (about 45$ insured from another city).

Do you consider a better option a vintage style 2?
I was interested in new model because of free cracks and care problems.
Thank you!

Top Bottom