wish to purchase pre formed sides

Mungo Park

Reaction score
Hello, I am a lurker here and would like to try my hand making a Ukulele for my daughter.
I have built as few electric guitars and would like to try my hand at an Ukulele.
Looking at making an instrument it would be quicker and lets face it easier if I coulld purchase some pre formed sides.
I have a selection of wood and tools to make the other parts but some pre formed sides would get me along so it is not an all summer project.
Does anyone know of a supplier of pre formed sides, or a maker that would sell sides. I would be willing to go for pineapple, concert or tenor, and open to wood type and I would be happy.
I live in Canada if that makes any difference.

Cheers Ron

Last edited:
I do that for builders at times, especially with curly wood that beginners might have a hard time bending. I send the bent sides attached to a 1 side plywood template so that the sides stay in shape and the builder has the template to make a mold from. However, international shipping from Hawaii is so excessive that I stick to the U.S. I believe that John Hall of Blue's Creek Guitars in Pa., on the web, could accommodate you. Give him a try

A quick search on the web for "Ukulele Kits"....Could find what you are looking for.":)

Top Bottom