Robert Wheeler's Uke Collection

stephan451

Reaction score
Hello All:

I am Steve Rapson (www.steverapson.com). I do not own a ukulele nor do I play one, though I am a fan of those who do.

My friend, Robert Wheeler, recently passed away. People who knew of him may be aware of his collection of 200+ ukulele's. It was his pride and joy which he showed off to all who would accompany him to the barn.

Robert's estate has asked me for help in selling his collection which is on display in Central Massachusetts

This is my first effort in that regard. Since I know little about ukuleles, I would be happy to have someone with knowledge and desire be the broker for this collection.

Email me gsrapson@gmail.com if you have an interest and or questions

Thanks!

Steve

My mother passed away in spring of 2015 and we are still sorting through & finalizing her estate. So, the two year time between that obituary -which looks to be the person referred to - and this request seems legitimate to me. I wish the OP all the best in helping his friend's family.

I advise that you also contact Jim Tranquada at Occidental College and Jim Beloff at Flea Market Music if you haven't already done so. Their connections are vast, and they may be willing to help you find a broker.

I haven't been to Robert's website in quite a while, but it was one of the first that I found and read when I first picked up a uke about a dozen years ago. Great archive of stories and ukuleles. This photo is from the site and shows some of his ukes at the time.
http://rockthatuke.com/presskit/ROBERTWHEELER.JPG

Hi Steve. I remember Robert Wheeler - Founder (as he called himself) from the early days of Fleamarket Music, where he was active. His old posts are still there on the Bulletin Board. I just wrote you an email with a suggestion on how to sell off the collection. Best of luck to you.

Wow, he was funny. I'd give about anything to spend a day in his barn....

Top Bottom