James Hill Sig Uke!!

UKESTAR

Reaction score
No...sorry...I don't own one that I can tell you all about..haha. BUT... considering that Jake's Sig. Kamaka goes for around 5K....this one seems like a better deal at arnd. 3K....still very pricy though..

HAS ANYONE PLAYED ONE? IF SO, WHAT CAN YOU TELL US ABOUT IT?

IF I ever get good enough to justify this purchase, I think I would see if they could use Koa also for the soundboard and use Spruce for the pick-guards.....nice!!:eek:

Check it out! Mmmmmm.
http://www.ukulelejames.com/signature_model.htm

Last edited:
No...sorry...I don't own one that I can tell you all about..haha. BUT... considering that Jake's Sig. Kamaka goes for around 5K....this one seems like a better deal at arnd. 3K....still very pricy though..

IF I ever get good enough to justify this purchase, I think I would see if they could use Koa also for the soundboard and use Spruce for the pick-guards.....nice!!:eek:

Check it out! Mmmmmm.
http://www.ukulelejames.com/signature_model.htm

yeah looks beautiful.. but I would leave the Spruce top. Spruce is a beautiful tonewood!

it was going for $1999 on james' site as an offer...im not sure if it still is tho

I haven't played one either, but I almost bought one. I even exchanged emails with James about it a couple months ago, and the $2,000 price was still available at the time.

I basically ended up deciding that it was too much uke for me, given my skill level and that it will be a while before I need a uke with a pickup. I might still get one someday though.

yeah, got to look over and play Ryans custom Koa James Hill edition uke last nite. Very nice, easy to hold, lightweight, slotted headstock, radiused fingerboard. He had it strung up with Diaddro strings, higher tension, and I dont have long enough nail to really make it sing.. but it had a nice feel and sound to it. ;)

yeah, got to look over and play Ryans custom Koa James Hill edition uke last nite. Very nice, easy to hold, lightweight, slotted headstock, radiused fingerboard. He had it strung up with Diaddro strings, higher tension, and I dont have long enough nail to really make it sing.. but it had a nice feel and sound to it. ;)

ahh sweet. I forgot ryan got one! were they performing last night?

That is one seriously nice looking ukulele... i would love to hear what it sounds life.

Does anybody have a picture of jaks sig ukulele?? please somebody haha?!!
any1?? :D

the james hill uke is beautiful
the spruce top should bring out the brighter sound while the maple wood in the back should keep the tone balanced...

the only thing i dont care for is the slotted head stock

but overall
its a wonderful look and sound

the james hill uke is beautiful
the spruce top should bring out the brighter sound while the maple wood in the back should keep the tone balanced...

the only thing i dont care for is the slotted head stock

but overall
its a wonderful look and sound

Hmmm....to each their own... I think the slothead is the icing on the cake!!:D I mean...Jake has it too, so it MUST be cool..haha.

Hmmm....to each their own... I think the slothead is the icing on the cake!!:D I mean...Jake has it too, so it MUST be cool..haha.

hmmm well i guess its not that bad
i just like the regular side tuners better

i have a classical guitar with the slot head and its a pain in the but to clean
maybe thats why i dont like it but whatever
its still a pretty awesome uke

>.<

The only one I've ever played was James', so it's set up to perfection. It was the first ebony fretboard I ever tried as well. Being a soprano man I would never get one but it's easy to see how you young fellas like the extra room!! Ukes like these are in the stratasphere of quality and playability, and Derek has that aloha spirit in spades! G-strings are the Ferrari of ukes, state of the art technique with dedicated craftmanship. I think Derek personally finish's and sets up all the sig series so it's a no miss!

Top Bottom