Latest video

Pete,

Awesome processes. Can I come over and finish my UK Ukes kit at your shop?

It makes me want a router & router table, and (moreso) a place to put said tools... I wonder if she'll notice that I've switched out the TV for a router table. :D

What is the router bit you're using? That thing looks wicked!

:shaka: john

Of course you could come and finish the ukes in my workshop John!

The router cutters are available from LMII. However you must have a sturdy router table and be able to control the speed - the centrepedal forces on such a cutter are quite extreme at high spedd.

It makes me want a router & router table, and (moreso) a place to put said tools... I wonder if she'll notice that I've switched out the TV for a router table. :D
I love routers...best power tool ever.

I've watched lots of your vids with envy, I had a 12x10 shed fitted out for woodworking, I used to be a cabinet maker/carpenter, but become ill with a spinal problem, just as the shed was finished and fitted out with all the tools i needed I became paralyed from just below the chest down, I have still not given up trying and your videos have inspired me to try more. I think I'll start by making all the templates I need, Have you got any plans of the ones you use?
Great work

Regards

Thanks for putting that up Pete.

It looks like one could easily chew away their neck in a hurry if not careful. :eek:

That's pretty much how I do it too except I am a bit more apprehensive about routing the headstock area with a router as it transitions from the nut. You are running the bit right into the endgrain and risk splintering the wood. I've gone to shaping that area with an osciallating spindle sander and am looking at getting a spindle sander that has a guide bearing on it to follow the template. Anyone new to using a router needs to learn about running a bit against the grain.

Are you using a fluted bit in that process? Very impressive video series.

Bandsaw as close to the line as possible and run from left to right. The cutter is sold by LMII.

Top Bottom