Song Help Request John Denver

mal-c

Reaction score
Do any of you guys know of an easy fingerpicking version of sunshine on my shoulder, by John Denver please Mal (UK)

Hi Jim thanks for you reply, I am 76 anf just come back to play ukulele music,I have bought myself a tenor guitar and tuned it GCEA , so I can play ukulele music with a guitar sound, i actually had a siux string but just cuoldd'nt get my hear round it .Unfortunatly the link you gave to me doesn't allow uk guys to use the site but the chourds are no problem.I have watched a video on you tube with a lady playing it and as you said a very simple picking pattern, I do hope you don't mind me asking yoiu this but i just can't see how she puts a couple of quick nots in ever know and then just like john denver did in the original song, I'm afraid its my age.would it be at all possible for you to look at ths video for me and find out for mw what nots she aktualy plays please.I do hope you don't think I'm being cheeky, but the song always reminds my of my son who's just getting over a long illness,it would meen so much to me if i could play this loverly soungRegard to you from across the pound

Can you post the YouTube link? If I can't figure it out, there's probably somebody here that can.

As far as the site I posted, I just did a quick google search. I didn't realize UK has internet filters? China, sure, but U.K.? :confused:

Got it. I don't see anything tricky at all there. It's a low G ukulele and the song is in the key of C so there is a lot of going back and forth between the C chord and the F chord. About the only deviation from a straight picking pattern is a hammer on on the fourth string going from the open G note of the C chord to the 2nd fret A note of the F chord. Does that help?

Top Bottom