National Review finds Jake S.

Harold O.

Reaction score
http://corner.nationalreview.com/

While perusing NationalReview.com, I came across an item by Jonah Goldberg. He says the topic of ukuleles came up recently and he found the above link. It's Jake S. playing Gently Weeps.

Go to the link, then scroll down to the 04/29 08:06PM posting

Looks like the uke-flu is spreading.

Haha.. its funny how Jakes gently weeps seems to be the one everyone knows or remember when ever ukulele comes up..

Haha.. its funny how Jakes gently weeps seems to be the one everyone knows or remember when ever ukulele comes up..

Atleast it's not Tiny Tim....which is the usual response i get when i start talking bout ukes

It's cool to be noticed, but I personally am not so completely sure that the National Review is the best place for it and especially by Jonah Goldberg who by my estimation is quite full of what the Farkers call "Wharrgarbl". He is the guy who wrote the revisionist history book that tries to paint Fascism as a left wing movement thus linking Hitler to Moveon.org in one easy step.

He strikes me as the kind of guy who would disagree vociferously on principle with somebody whom he perceived as "liberal" if they said that water is wet and ice is cold.

Your mileage will vary accordingly and I don't mean to be opening up a can o'political worms here, but to put it as kindly as I can, the man is no William Buckley, that's for sure.

It's cool to be noticed, but I personally am not so completely sure that the National Review is the best place for it and especially by Jonah Goldberg who by my estimation is quite full of what the Farkers call "Wharrgarbl". He is the guy who wrote the revisionist history book that tries to paint Fascism as a left wing movement thus linking Hitler to Moveon.org in one easy step.

He strikes me as the kind of guy who would disagree vociferously on principle with somebody whom he perceived as "liberal" if they said that water is wet and ice is cold.

Your mileage will vary accordingly and I don't mean to be opening up a can o'political worms here, but to put it as kindly as I can, the man is no William Buckley, that's for sure.

More press to the Ukulele God tho. :bowdown:

Atleast it's not Tiny Tim....which is the usual response i get when i start talking bout ukes

You beat me to it.

That's all I thought about the uke before Jake came into the spotlight as well.

Surprisingly enough, not many people have heard about Jake.
Even the "experts" at Sam Ash and Guitar Center haven't heard of him....that's not too surprising though.

It is good to know that we have some uke super heroes out there these days. It separates uke enthusiasts from pog collectors. :p

Top Bottom