Bruko tween guitar guitalele

Jddewitt81

Reaction score
Recently bought this but I'm not a fan of the wide neck. Has some scuffs from normal play but in good condition. The tuners are in desperate need of being replaced. They are VERY hard to turn. Just recently strung with Aquilas. There is one chip in the finish and it has kinda been doctored to make it look like binding is there. I'll include the original picture of the spot so you can see a before. $150 shipped USA Paypal

IMG_6624.jpg

IMG_6631.jpg

IMG_6629.jpg

IMG_6626.jpg

I should note that I recently bought this USED. Bruko hasn't made these for quite a while.

In my digital wanderings I found the Reverb sale ad and the pictures - I was looking to see how this instrument is braced under the soundboard. Can you enlighten me? I have a tenor with a modified X bracing and have no idea what Bruko had in mind with this instrument. It is of course interesting to me, I like vaguely different instruments. However cash flow and all make it rather academic at this point.
Best wishes - Ian

That raises the stakes a tad! My trading piece at the moment is a Guild Classical 4C made in Spain for guild by Alhambra in about 1989. It is probably worth about $400.
My Ukes are pretty much keepers - one of each tenor - made in Peru, a concert Mainland and a 1934ish Martin that I rescued and love. Then I do have some banjos - mostly high end but one British rescue one and a 1924 Gibson tenor Jr, strung as a baritone w/ re-entrant fourth as dGBE. I sort of play about with several instruments.
Best - Ian

I'll check when I get home. I'm also down for trades if cash is an issue. :)

Sorry took so long. I can't tell how it's braced. There is one cross brace behind the soundhole but I can't find anything that allows me to see further down there. I've used a dental mirror and a couple others and can't see.

Solid top? Guessing laminate back and sides?

pretty sure all of it is solid.

Edit actually back and sides may be laminate

Top Bottom