FS: Vintage Martin Tenor 12 fret - for Collector/Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearbike137

Reaction score
FS: Vintage Martin Tenor 12 fret - Price reduced

Hi all. I am putting my vintage Martin Tenor up for sale. The uke was french polished by the previous owner (who is a professional wood finisher) with the original finish intact beneath it. Excellent condition, great sounding, perfect action, ORIGINAL HARD SHELL CASE(!), and installed pickup. SOLD! (to lower 48 states).

No finish checking, no cracks, light wear. One repaired side crack (treble side) that is invisible (see video and photos) and a repaired ding in the top (bass side, above the bridge). (With regard to the case: there is some wear and cracking of the leather that surrounds the case handle.)

The uke sounds great. Very clear and open sounding, bell-like tones, terrific sustain, and excellent intonation.

I don’t know what brand the pickup is. It is a passive under the saddle pickup that works perfectly.

35234530040_47d81d7730_o.jpg34779843354_1dff5c586d_o.jpg35234523180_bc3cae90e9_o.jpg

See a whole bunch more PHOTOS at: https://flic.kr/s/aHskYkdXHz

Also, I have made a quick video clip so you can hear it:

Sorry that I talked so much in the video - skip ahead to 1:20 to where I finally shut up :) and start strumming a bit. I did not realize that the uke had been french polished when I made the video - sorry.

No interest in trades! Thank you.

Last edited:
A beauty. Do you know if this one has been refinished?
You play so well too.

A beauty. Do you know if this one has been refinished?
You play so well too.

Honestly, I don't know. I never have assumed it is but I just sent a note to the previous owner to ask. I bought it from Don Peyton who I understand is a pillar/organizer of the uke community out in Baltimore, Maryland and indicated to me that he is tight with Jim Beloff. Let me see what I find out. Thanks.

Price reduced. Please see the updated description above. I heard back from the seller I bought it from. The uke has been french polished. My apologies. Good catch, Tracie.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom