Who Sells Banjolele Bridges?

Luke El U

Reaction score
I'm looking for banjolele bridges. Nothing at Elderly says "banjolele", just 4-string. However, I'm not sure a bridge for, say, a tenor or plectrum banjo would be the right size for my tenor Beansprout banjolele. I checked the Mya-Moe site, but they also don't seem to sell any.

The one I do have is fine, but I would like a little lower action and don't want to ruin the original bridge.

Suggestions?

I'm looking for banjolele bridges. Nothing at Elderly says "banjolele", just 4-string. However, I'm not sure a bridge for, say, a tenor or plectrum banjo would be the right size for my tenor Beansprout banjolele. I checked the Mya-Moe site, but they also don't seem to sell any.

The one I do have is fine, but I would like a little lower action and don't want to ruin the original bridge.

Suggestions?

Brown dog banjos UK or ebay has tons for sale.

Email Mya moe. No question they will happily take care of you. Don't waste your time elsewhere.

There are several banjo bridge makers and I have had bridges made to my order. My latest (old barn wood, spillway pattern) came from Donald New (dnew45@att.net) and is excellent. I had another made by Steve Davis (sldavis244@gmail.com) for an old Slingerland ukulele. The quality again is excellent and the turnaround very good. Specify height, string spacing and sometime string diameters.

The bridges are commonly either 1/2 inch or 5/8 inch in height. Best to measure the old one before ordering a new one.

Email Mya moe. No question they will happily take care of you. Don't waste your time elsewhere.

This was the way to go! I'm in touch with Aaron Keim. He's gonna help me out. The other sites seemed only to offer banjo bridges - not the same thing.
Anyway, thanks to all for the help. I learned of sites never known to me before.

This was the way to go! I'm in touch with Aaron Keim. He's gonna help me out.The other sites seemed only to offer banjo bridges - not the same thing.
Anyway, thanks to all for the help. I learned of sites never known to me before.

Have not found any any difference. The bridges are either 1/2 or 5/8 inches in height. The number of feet may be different, but that's a designer's choice. The tops are notched for four or five strings, depending on whether it's for a tenor banjo or not. Deering banjos use the same bridge on their tenor banjo and banjo-ukes. Have been using "banjo" bridges on banjo-ukes for a very long time.

Having a spare bridge is like having spare strings. Sooner or later there's a need. I keep a couple 4-string 1/2 inch bridges as spares, and they are equally usable on both banjo-ukes and the tenor banjo.

Top Bottom