Beltona Tenor Resonator string suggestion

brUKEman

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions for my new Composit Beltona Tenor Resonator Uke. Right now it has Aquila strings which I feel are too bright and too hard for finger picking up the neck. . Would like to retain the "High G"

FlagUke1.jpg

The Aquila strings were put on the uke by Steve at Beltona when I purchased the uke.

Mine came with hilo strings, which are no longer available, but got spare by buying an 8 string set.
Speaking to Steve a couple of years ago, he was shippng tenors with di'addorio pro arte strings.
H

Why don't you write Steve and ask him what alternative strings he would recommend

I prefer them a bit tight - Worth brown, or Aquila red. Del Rey has Kala Pearls on both her resonators. NRP used to recommend Guadaloupe strings. Pearls and Guadaloupe are both wound sets, be careful NOT to trim them because they' start unravelling.

Good cones, like the one Steve Evans uses, can take some tension, and can even be 'popped' back when things go wrong. I'd be more careful with string tension on the cheapest cones though.

D'Addario JT65 tenor strings.

I heard from Steve at Beltona and he said he is now using Worth Fluorocarbon and they are very mellow in sound.
I will give them a try..........

Top Bottom