Ukulele Mike

Ukebottom

Reaction score
Paid $20 to Ukulele Mike for his first ebook, but got nothing in return. Follow up emails go unanswered. Anyone else have this problem?

Same here. I got my $ back through Paypal. I think you can too.

Since I joined UU back in 2013, there has always been some question about communication, payment, and receiving the PDF files from Ukulele Mike...

Maybe Ukulele Mike has been having health issues?

I have no info on this, just speculation as of now.

Last edited:
I bought all 4 back in April and received a prompt response with pdf files. Ordering was a little strange though through the donate button and then left a written request for what you were buying.

I wonder if it would do any good to comment on one of his YouTube videos?

I just wrote it off, how'd you get your money back? I really just want edelweiss, not my money :p

If I had to guess based on previous posts, he's a one-man operation. Maybe he's out of town for the 4th of July holiday(?)

Mike probably deserves the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully he'll straighten it out soon.

Mike probably deserves the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully he'll straighten it out soon.

Agree. Mike is top shelf. Make sure you check your junk/spam mail just in case. He does have a slightly confusing, non-traditional way of filling e-orders. He also has several email addresses. I got this off his site All Things Ukulele. Hope it helps.
Questions regarding any Ukulele resource please email TheUkuleleMan2012@hotmail.com

Agree. Mike is top shelf. Make sure you check your junk/spam mail just in case. He does have a slightly confusing, non-traditional way of filling e-orders. He also has several email addresses. I got this off his site All Things Ukulele. Hope it helps.
Questions regarding any Ukulele resource please email TheUkuleleMan2012@hotmail.com

That's the email address I've been using...no answer to several tries. Thought the same thing, that he might be sick or away, but he's been advertising ebooks since I placed the order. Who knows...Ill keep trying.

That's the email address I've been using...no answer to several tries. Thought the same thing, that he might be sick or away, but he's been advertising ebooks since I placed the order. Who knows...Ill keep trying.

Maybe he needs to hire someone to respond to emails and to facilitate orders?

I don't think anyone who accepts other people's money for a service or product deserves the "benefit of the doubt". Except in the rarest of circumstances, there is no reasonable excuse for going dark on your customers.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone who accepts other people's money for a service or product deserves the "benefit of the doubt". Except in the rarest of circumstances, there is no reasonable excuse for going dark on your customers.

In my opinion (that's what it is), I have seen this thread come back a couple of times just in the last month. I think there is a concern for Mike's health in general, as his appearance in his videos has changed a lot, and tied with missing orders, people ask, "Is he okay?"

I know that I have watched a few of his videos and picked up some techniques from those videos. I think it is very easy to feel connected (and concerned about) someone that you have never met but that has had an impact on your life.

And as for irritation about a missing order, that makes sense, too, as we just want what we paid for--and perhaps an explanation if it comes late. It sounds as if a few people have received nothing, and then have had to go to PayPal or their credit card company for a refund.

I guess that Ukulele Mike doesn't need to be on Ukulele Underground, but considering that this must generate some income for him, it would behoove him (I have not used that word in a long time) to stop by and do a search on his name in the forums. Take Mainland and The Ukulele Site as further examples...over time I have seen a couple of complaints about each company--but then you see the owners get involved and solve problems.

Incidentally, during the last round of this topic, I sent an e-mail to that e-mail address informing the receipient that there has been some discussion about non-delivery of digital items after purchase, and suggested that they review the Ukulele Underground Forums to be aware of the issue. I never received a response of any kind.

I bought some of Ukulele Mike's arrangements when I first started playing around 2012. I had some success communicating with him by email using: mike@ukulelemikelynch.com

At the same time, when it is a one person operation, sometimes life gets in the way. You never know when someone or family has health issues or other circumstances which can cause everything else to fall by the wayside.

At the same time, when it is a one person operation, sometimes life gets in the way. You never know when someone or family has health issues or other circumstances which can cause everything else to fall by the wayside.

Well, it appears he uploaded a couple of videos to his youtube channel 2 days ago, and "Liked" a Strawberry picking video 3 days ago...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAlwTH-8IRI5Kct453TL-A

Mike just uploaded (less than an hour before I posted this) a video with his Duke Kahanamoku Martin Uke, and he mentioned that he goes to a Dialysis Center a few times a weeks....

That in itself is a major clue to what is going on with him.

You might want to keep trying to contact him.

-Kurt​

A week or so ago I got an email from Mike saying he was having server problems. He'd said to hang in he was trying to get it fixed or something like that. I think it was emails and such.

Top Bottom