Today I recieved my copy of The KoAloha Story

ukeshale

Reaction score
Some great extras on the dvd. I particularly like the story of how the design for the sceptre came about.

Another big thank you to Gary San Angel and everyone involved with the movie.

If you've seen the movie then drop by http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1377314/ to leave a comment.

Man do i want a pineapple sunday after seeing Alvin Okami play it and talk about it with such passion.

Thanks again!

man. the sceptre's the far superior ukulele in terms of sound but the pineapple looks soooooo nice

I wouldn't say far superior, just different.

true, i suppose nothing can be far superior to something like the pineapple. they both blow my mind though! do you own either?? (yet) haha

How does one become the owner of said video (if said person were to have missed the live show, for example)?
I would love to see it / perhaps own it.

How does one become the owner of said video (if said person were to have missed the live show, for example)?
I would love to see it / perhaps own it.

I am a "said person" (besides other things).

erm, i'm not sure. i THINK they said they were only making X amount of the dvd but i can't be 100% sure. the first ten people to write a review/comment on imdb.com after the movie had finished won a copy. One of the guys who made the movie (Gary San Angel) is here on UU under the username 'Gmoe' - message him and he might be able to shed some light :)

Ah OK, sorry. I am totally not in sync with what is going on. So it is not a DVD you can buy and slip into the home theater.
Pretty sure it would do well with uke fans in Japan as well... as long as there are subs!

I got my copy in the mail yesterday. Unfortunatly for me I am about 500 mile away for work. I can't wait to get home to see the extras.

I think it will be avalible for purchuse at some point but you would have to ask Gary (Gmoe),

I just logged on to watch the vid, it's taking forever to download, but it looks cool, very high quality, suppose thats why its taking soo long.

Did you click on the video from the video list?

I set it up so it doesn't automatically load and people could choose what part of the video they want to see.

Aloha all!

Just want to say this again and again. Many mahalos to you all for your support and for making the internet premiere screening a very special event. Like I said earlier, it's a unique film and to have its world premiere screening here on UU was very important to Alan Okami and I from KoAloha. We worked hard with Ryan here on UU to make sure that you were getting a real sense of the KoAloha Aloha.

You know, I still can't believe that we had such a good response and that you guys appreciated the music, story, passion of one of the most humble and full of Aloha ukulele makers in Hawaii and that's KoAloha.

Thanks also to Spooner for working with me these last couple weeks to put the film and parts of the DVD in flash version for the Spooner Radio audience and beyond. It's important that the KoAloha story, the message of Hawaiian Moon, and this amazing story get sent out to the world to as many audiences as possible to help support local Made in Hawaii businesses like Hawaiian Moon & KoAloha in these tough economic times.

For those who may have seen it and want some more goodies. I'm doing some DVD extras tweaks that will be unique for folks who do purchase the DVDs. I want to make the purchase even more worth it. Remember, proceeds will go to help fund the book version which will promote the arts and children's literacy in Hawaii. So your DVD purchase will help a good cause. :)

A new batch of DVDs will soon be available at the KoAloha shop probably mid-May.

Just talk to Pat "Mom" Okami or Brian Benevente and get on the list.

Just from the UU screening alone, I've really built some nice relationships with folks here and I am so honored to have had really nice conversations about the film, your music, and your love for this story and the KoAloha ukuleles.

As I put together the second piece on KoAloha, I hope that many of you will be able to contribute to it. I will post a thread soon on what this idea entails but if I can get a handful or more of well trusted UU members. I think it would be a pretty amazing addition to the second KoAloha film that I am working on. :D

Hope that those who won their DVDs got their DVDs safely! You guys have the rare UU version. So the copies that you won are unique to UU!

Feel free if you ever are in Philly to PM. Would love to take you to a good cheesesteak, hoagie, scrapple, pretzel, or water ice place.

Cheers & Mahalo,

Gmoe aka Gary San Angel

Top Bottom