Fretboard Fixing Jig.

Timbuck

Reaction score
And Now something diffrent....I made this device a few months ago and I have to admit that I was a bit doubtful about it when it was done....but it has turned out to be a great device and it dosn't take any skill to use it and I've used it on every uke I've made since...(Note this is just a dry run for the Photo's) Most uke makers use dowel pins, rubber bands and all sorts of heavy clamping to do this job..with this it only takes about a 60 sec's to glue up a neck and clamp it all firmly together and it self locates without any lining up.
PICT3031.jpg

Place fretboard upside down on jig..Note the fretwire locates into the grooved jigplate so no pressure is applied to the actual frets.
PICT3035.jpg

Place pre-glued neck on top of fretboard.. and clamp down at the heel with thumbscrew.
PICT3037.jpg

Flip over straps, lock bar into hook, and tighten up the hand wheel underneath...The pressure is evenly distributed due to the Neoprene rubber buffers attached to the straps...The glue squishes out eavenly all around the joint...The small brass end stop prevents any side slip.
PICT3038.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom