FS - Risa LP Tenor in Tobacco Sunburst. Mint condition. UK based seller.

ErnieElse

Reaction score
I bought this from World of Ukes about nine months ago. It has been played a bit during that time but is basically in mint condition and comes complete with gig bag and tools which have never been used.

I just find myself playing my electric guitars instead of this but every time I pick it up I realise just how great the string spacing is compared to the guitar and how easy it is to play.

The usual dual humbuckers, three way switch and separate volume and tone control for each.

It is strung with the original strings and is tuned to the standard low G. However with very little adjustment to the nut and a different gauge of strings it could easily be detuned to DGBE and would become a mini electric guitar in standard tuning without the bottom two strings. There are no issues linked to booming as would be the case with an acoustic Tenor so all tunings are possible if the string tension is right.

A top quality instrument and IMO easily the best uke alternative to an electric guitar.

It looks like both Southern Ukulele Store and World of Ukes are out of stock which isn't surprising as they often are. They both sell these for £469 and I will accept £340.

I am in Yorkshire UK and would prefer to sell to the UK if possible.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_0481.jpgIMG_0482.jpgIMG_0483.jpgIMG_0484.jpgIMG_0486.jpg

Last edited:
Good buy for some one, I enjoy mine. Good luck wit sell.

They are incredible and a great value. I'm on the wrong side of the pond though. Best of luck with the sale.

It all depends on the style of music you like to play. If you're an open chord strummer & singer then it is probably not for you, but anyone who likes single note playing (fingerpicking, flatpicking, soloing) or barre chord strumming will love it. Basically it is an electric guitar for those without the inclination to grapple with something bigger, heavier and with six strings. Anyone devoted to four strings ought to have one IMO.

I'm only selling it because I prefer six strings these days.

I'm interested if still available, I have sent you a PM.

Regards
Dave

Hi Dave,

I have replied to your message.

Rgds,

Ernie

I am very happy to say that I bought this Risa LP from this member (ErnieElse) and just thought I would let you guys know that he is a very honest member, the Uke was exactly as described, he packed the Uke really well and he was super prompt with the postage. I would not hesitate to buy from this member again and I would recommend him to anyone looking at his other items for sale.

Best Regards
Dave :)

Thanks Dave. Enjoy the Risa. Proceeds already spent on another electric guitar. Aargh !! :eek:)

Top Bottom