NUD Timms Koa

dwh

Reaction score
Arrived from across the pond today! Beautiful style 1 soprano. Has a great voice which is a little bit darker in the mids from my Timms mahogany 17 fret soprano, but still barks with a fine tone...and it ain't even broken in yet. I keep doing the rounds thru my 28 Martin, the 17 fret, and the koa trying to discern the differences. The 17 fret took several months to break in and it is now crisp and clean, quite similar to but now a tad brighter than the Martin which barks like an old yard dog. I'm sure once I get some strumming done and a few weeks pass this koa Uke will open up a bit and have a throaty robust tone all its own!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 95
Congrats. I have most of his ukes passing through my watch list just to be nosey. :)

I have the 'Style O' 12 fret. Love the thing. Had it just under a month. I put it in a hard case which is a first bar ones that ship in one. I put Martin M600's on it as I don't think these need the strident Aquilas at all, I think they are for ukes that need to wake up a bit.

Truly stunning ukuleles for build and sound. Definitely a keeper.

Last edited:
What a lovely little fellow- I can see why you would not want to put it down. Enjoy!

Looks great and sounds like a winner by your description. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Very nice! I thought I was a "tenor person," but sopranos are rapidly becoming my favorite. I don't blame you for not wanting to put it down.

Congratulations!

Top Bottom