Brand Names

Down Up Dick

Reaction score
Those of you who (yoo hoo?) have numerous ukes of various types and sizes, how many are of the same brand? For instance I have three Kalas; a soprano, an 8 string and a baritone.

So count 'em up and join in the fun. GO! :eek:ld:

Note: This was supposed to be in Uke Talk - Sorry.

Last edited:
Of my 21 ukes, only two are the same brand (Kala KT-CT-GT tenor and U-bass). All the others are different. There are a lot of uke brands out there!

Two Martin sopranos. A late model S1 (bought at a price I couldn't refuse) and an OXK for the Winter months and traveling.

ok, here's some of mine:

5x Magic Fluke (all different)
2x Mainland (each different)
3x Kala (all different)
2x Zither-Heaven (same model but one steel string, one fluoro)

and the rest are a single item of various other brands, of which I will disavow any knowledge and neither confirm nor deny and further info :)...

...since the above list is an even dozen, so beyond that, we never had this conversation - LOL

None of mine are by the same maker, but I used to have two Lunas, and two Kalas, and two Ohanas. Only one Kala and one Ohana remain with me. Tammy's UBass is a Kala, does that count? There are two Cocobolos here. But only one is mine.

I have a few Pono ukuleles two Martins, and two Rob Collins. Other than that, they are all unique

I've got two Brunswick, a tenor and a baritone, both all-blonde and both bought as much for their looks as their tone and playability, which are superb :) These are my "go-to" ukuleles, the tenor tuned conventionally with a re-entrant G, the baritone tuned in 5th's, GDAE.

My Kala concert and the miscellany of sopranos have been acquired as available or required, many of which could be replaced with another blonde Brunswick, just 'cos I like the look of them ;)

:music:

Started out with 3 Makala ukes, one of each tenor, soprano, & concert.

Then progressed to Kala, long neck soprano KA-SLNG, which became my go to uke, an electro acoustic soprano KA-SEME, plus an electro acoustic concert KA-CEME, & a KA-S soprano.

Two Baton Rouge, a laminate electro acoustic Hotrod, & a solid spruce Sun electro acoustic fitted with a MiSi pickup, both were 'offers'.

Then I tried a baritone, a Kala cedar top, followed shortly after by a couple of 'offers', a Brunswick plastic concert, a Lani spruce top baritone, & a Kala tenor KA-T.

Whilst I also got myself a couple of RISA electrics, a concert stick/solid, a tenor Uke Ellie, & a tenor stick/solid.

That was when I decided what I wanted for my solid wood ukes.
I got myself an Ohana SK30L tenor necked soprano solid mahogany, & an Ohana CK35L tenor necked concert solid mahogany.

So, I have, (Brunswick, Makala, which I don't use now), Kala, Ohana, Lani, & RISA ukes.

This is a real fun idea for a thread.....thanks brother Dick.

I only have Kamaka as my multiple brand, a baritone and a super concert.

I appears that I am not very faithful or brand loyal. I like to "sleep around".........with ukes that is. My motto, one wife, many different ukes.

You can see 'em in my sig - only Cocobolo claims the spot as a brand double-dipper. At one time I had two Mainlands, and for only one day I had two Outdoors. Now it's just the two Cocobolos.

However....

Another brand will soon be joining the Cocobolo twins, thanks to the Reverb 4th of July sale. Fed-ex says it should be tonight!!! :)

I have multiple Makalas. I do have a Mainland as well, but I have won three Waterman ukuleles in raffles and drawings. Plus my first was a Makala, so I'm pretty flush with Makalas. I don't play the Watermans much though. Would it be Watermans, or Watermen?

I have three First Act plastic sopranos as the grandkiddies and I would all play together when they were tots.

I have two Zither Heaven sopranos as I bought one as a travel/office uke and while awaiting shipment I won one off of a Facebook promotion. Glad I did since they are no longer being made.

I certainly would not mind a second version of some of my other ukes - I would like a cedar or mango Mainland soprano to go along with my mahogany tenor. And, I will likely end up with a soprano Outdoor Ukulele as they are so convenient to always have in my car.

If custom built fits in this thread, I have five ukes by Bruce Wei Arts; four tenor and one bass. I also have five Rondo Hadean solid body bass ukes.

Last edited:
Other than a couple of Ohanas mine are different. Won't say no to another Martin as I'm looking all the time. :)

I have two of the same brand, but they sound different - one is loud, with deep resonance. The other is sweet and brighter. They are the same builder but have different wood (both koa, but very different grain and color), different headstock styles (one is slotted) and different soundholes (one is offset).

Two Martins, two Kalas, a Gibson, a Favilla, a Kamaka, and two Harmonys.
Cheers,
R

I have two Kalas: an all solid acacia Tenor tuned reentrant C and an all solid mahogany Baritone tuned linear G.
One Córdoba all solid acacia tuned linear C, however I have ordered the strings to make it reentrant G
One Malala Waterman

I am becoming Bari-centric thanks to DownUpDave's influence, but I want to keep a Uke or two around with C tuning. I am becoming interested in getting a decent soprano.

My only multiples are size, not brands.

None of mine are the same brand currently and even when I had more, they were different brands. I'm contemplating a future tenor guitar though which would be a Pono and I do have a Pono Bari.

Top Bottom