Nud

Theblackegg

Reaction score
My turn to to contribute and display my most precious of possessions.

My LFDM Ukaferri Amigo 2;

- 17 inch scale
- 39mm nut
- Top Bearclaw Sitka spruce
- Back & sides Curly macorie
- Neck Cuban cedar
- Fretboard/Bridge Indian rosewood
- Binding Ebony
- Tuners Wilkinson

This was bought from the buy and sell forums here on UU, and am very grateful to him for guiding me through the process and making it as easy as possible!
This thing plays like a dream, effortless fretting, sustain for days! And the zero fret makes chords on the first fret a doddle.
New to cutaways, but I'm truly converted, makes playing lovely all the way up the neck.
I tried a few string sets to find the sound i was looking for. Tried Aquilas (Set that it arrived with), Worth clears, D'Addario carbons but settled with La belle with w/3rd (high g). I like Warm over bright and these seem to fit the bill.
Here is a link of me (trying to play it) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySOFDeMF900

IMG_0453.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Let me be the first to congratulate you and welcome you to the LfdM family. That is a great NUD post, good pictures and description really gives an excellent idea of what this ukulele is all about. The video you did was fantastic......you are obviously a very accomplished player and you made that instrument sing.

I have my tenor strung low G but after hearing that maybe I need a second tenor that I can keep strung high G :p

Lovely playing and lovely ukulele. The two of you are well-suited for one another.

Thank you for sharing!

I second what downupdave said
Welcome to LFdM family !
You must be the fella posted the WTB LFdM. You are a very lucky man to find one here.

Luis would be very happy to see your video. He likes his customer name the instrument. Perhaps you will share his/her name with us soon!

Downupdave is Sophia
Mine is Mercedes

Last edited:
Oh, my, that is stunning! Welcome to the LFdM family! Your pics and link make me want to run right home and play mine.

Have a wonderful weekend getting acquainted....

Congrats! You certainly know how to play it.....

A stunning instrument. Enjoy!

Congratulations from another happy LFdM uke owner. Glad to hear that you found what you wanted. Is yours really Amigo No. 2, i.e. the second ukulele Luis built?

beautiful instrument and, especially very lovely playing.

Congrats! An awesome LFdM! Enjoyed your video.

Congratulations! Really enjoyed the video sample!

Top Bottom