low G nylon string recommendations...

Reaction score
San Jose, California via `Ewa Beach, O`ahu, Hawai`
aloha kakou,

actually, I am looking for an unwound Low G string or set that is not fluorocarbon. I have a single low g fluoro from fremont strings, but since I'd like to use some d`addarios with it I'm not sure how it will sound mixing nylon with fluoro. so any kokua will be appreciated.

mahalo.

maybe try an extra hard tension guitar G string?

on the d'addario j71 set, the C string is a normal tension guitar G string (#3 string). both the high G and the A strings are #1 strings, but the G is a high tension #1, while the A string is a normal tension #1. so taking an extra high tension (if there is such an animal) G (#3) string and using it for your low G, might have the right tension needed... or close to it.

maybe try an extra hard tension guitar G string?

on the d'addario j71 set, the C string is a normal tension guitar G string (#3 string). both the high G and the A strings are #1 strings, but the G is a high tension #1, while the A string is a normal tension #1. so taking an extra high tension (if there is such an animal) G (#3) string and using it for your low G, might have the right tension needed... or close to it.

mahalo Nuke, had to read it a few times to understand (slow thinkers move right), but i'll go check it out.

Top Bottom