Summer Breeze (Seals and Crofts)

John: Not an easy song do to vocally, but you nailed it, brother. The keyboard added a nice touch. Another good job!

A side note: I actually met Seals & Croft when I was sent by my college newspaper to interview them while they were on tour in NY. This was about 1970 before they hit it big. They were nice dudes and easy to talk to.

regards,
Luke

Thanks, Jim! Thanks, Luke! I spent about a week experimenting with different keys and chords, so I think it really helped when I finally sat down to record it. :)

Thanks, Brenda! I use one camera. I usually cut several takes of the "main" track... just me strumming and singing. I then choose the best take and work off that, shooting more video to record background vocals and extra instrumentation. Sometimes I combine instrumentation video with the "main" video for a more interesting visual look to the video or for visual variety. For this particular video, I wanted to show that I used a keyboard for that marimba sound. :)

Nicely done Keonepax. It is a lovely folk type song, I haven't heard it for quite some time actually and it was pleasant to listen to. I like the video effects that you've done with the looping as well. Well done

Thanks, Dean! I just realized this song is 45 years old! Time flies!

Saw Seals & Croft do this one twice at concerts--I like *your* version. And the summer breeze through the window in the background adds to the feel. Thank you!

Thanks, Tonya! I was hoping a stronger summer breeze would kick up while I was doing the song! Seals and Crofts must have been great to see in concert. Those guys had a lot of good songs!

Luke, I've been watching some Seals and Crofts videos, including interviews. They DO seem like nice guys!

Aw, gee. Just heard that Jim Seals has passed away (at the age of 80). Loved the music of Seals and Crofts. Rest in peace, and thanks for the music!

Very sad news. Seals and Crofts were such a presence during the '70's. I remember them providing vocals for the soundtrack to the movie "One on One" starring Robby Benson and Annette O'Toole. How many senior proms used "We May Never Pass This Way (Again)" as their theme song?

Sad news John. I didn't hear of his passing till I read your post. Always enjoyed their music and harmony. RIP Jim Seals.

Very sad news. Seals and Crofts were such a presence during the '70's. I remember them providing vocals for the soundtrack to the movie "One on One" starring Robby Benson and Annette O'Toole. How many senior proms used "We May Never Pass This Way (Again)" as their theme song?
While searching for some of their videos on YouTube, I found their song "My Fair Share" from that "One on One" movie. I think I hadn't heard it since the days it had some radio play! Really great song!

Sad news John. I didn't hear of his passing till I read your post. Always enjoyed their music and harmony. RIP Jim Seals.
Yes, great harmony between the two and wonderful songwriting that always promoted wisdom, peace, love, and understanding.

I’ve always been a huge Seals and Crofts fan, and Summer Breeze was the song that started it all for me. I‘m a sucker for good harmonies, and their’s were among the best. Great video, John. You nailed it all ... right down to the ”curtain in the window.” :)

I’ve always been a huge Seals and Crofts fan, and Summer Breeze was the song that started it all for me. I‘m a sucker for good harmonies, and their’s were among the best. Great video, John. You nailed it all ... right down to the ”curtain in the window.” :)
Thanks, Jan! 1972 was such a great year in music and this song takes be back to that time! :)

Thanks, Jan! 1972 was such a great year in music and this song takes be back to that time! :)
John, you know what they say, if you can remember the 70's, you didn't experience them, or was that the 60's? I don't remember. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom