Hillbilly Hippie a new Fad?

AcousticMonster

Reaction score
Ok...so I was playing in a bar at our local college town.I know the whole hippie fad has been going on with the college kids for quite some time. BUT, now they seem to have a new fad here called "Hillbilly Hippie".

They seem to adapt a combination look of homeless person (dirty, dirty clothing) and hillbilly (overalls or coveralls), and play really bad hillbilly music. LOL, is this a new national fad, or just a local thing? Can someone clue me in?

hoosierhiver,

+1!

also, if I may add,

up against the wall!

:)
rabbit

Next time you're in there request they play Up Against The Wall Redneck Mother by Jerry Jeff Walker.

Not in So Cal. May be it's a South Dakota thing. (What else is there to do there....sorry, couldn't resist, at least your not in North Dakota....)

Maybe I haven't noticed because it's kindof a constant in SW Virginia. Your description of the Hillbilly Hippy is pretty accurate of most any hippy around here.

Anybody familiar with Old Crow Medicine Show? :nana:

Not in So Cal. May be it's a South Dakota thing. (What else is there to do there....sorry, couldn't resist, at least your not in North Dakota....)

Actually, I lived in "So Cal." and besides the beach, we have everything else you "big city" folks have. Unless you call: drive-by shootings, ATM robberies, five guy per block begging for loose change, etc. fun activities. :p

Maybe I haven't noticed because it's kindof a constant in SW Virginia. Your description of the Hillbilly Hippy is pretty accurate of most any hippy around here.

Anybody familiar with Old Crow Medicine Show? :nana:

I don't know. I'm just familiar with the generic college hippie (example: like the ones portrayed on South Park, lol). But a couple of kids came in wearing the farming stuff, thought it was just guys getting off work, and was told "no, that's Hillbilly Hippies". I just thought it was funny.

I knew Dexy's Midnight Runners would make a comeback one day...

JJ

Actually, I lived in "So Cal." and besides the beach, we have everything else you "big city" folks have. Unless you call: drive-by shootings, ATM robberies, five guy per block begging for loose change, etc. fun activities. :p
That all ended when you moved:D

No one can guess who's in the picture? :D

Top Bottom