Ken Franklin Ukes

sequoia

Reaction score
I was at an art gallery the other day showing my ukes which were next to a Ken Franklin guitar. I didn't know about Ken nor am I pushing his products. Actually the man lives just over the hill (mountain) from me and I was unaware of him and have never met him. Really solid instruments and he makes ukes too. It was a moment of "I am not worthy" to have my instruments next to this guy. There are luthiers and then there are... builders. Note: Interesting he uses a CA finish.

http://www.franklinguitars.com/Site/Ukuleles.html

I have edited this in reference to geetee's comment below.

I guess my memory is failing. They say that is the first to go...

I do not recall any details, so I will just go with the flow and see where it takes me. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the post Sequoia. Wish I had made it over to meet you at the opening. I enjoy your posts here. I have used CA as a finish some but expense has moved me on to other finishes lately. Still an option though.

Thanks for the post Sequoia. Wish I had made it over to meet you at the opening. I enjoy your posts here. I have used CA as a finish some but expense has moved me on to other finishes lately. Still an option though.

Yeah I would have loved to have talked with you. Your guitar was a big hit by the way. Many oohs and ahhs. Both my ukes were framing on either side right and left which gave my ukes some class cause of your incredible guitar. I actually sold one for pretty big money which is a huge bonus. The folks at the Elk Artist Collective are great people too and did a good job of displaying your guitar.

Picture below of one of my ukes at the Elk Collective. The one that didn't sell by the way.

1.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 80
Thanks for the extra info Sequoia. Hope to meet down the road some day.

Oh, my lord! Those instruments are stunning! To be honest, I wish that I hadn't seen them. Now I'm questioning everything I was going to do.

Oh, my lord! Those instruments are stunning! To be honest, I wish that I hadn't seen them. Now I'm questioning everything I was going to do.

Naw. Don't think about it too much. There are builders (you and me) and then there are luthiers (Ken). We all need something to aspire to.

Top Bottom