British hand-made resonator cones...

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
My position
Let me start by saying that I endorse Delta resonator Cones and will be fitting them to my Resolele projects.
Preamble
I met with Colin Oldham this afternoon, the genius behind Delta Resonator Cones. Apart from being a thorough gentleman he is totally committed to his craft and is passionate about his resonator cones which in my opinion are the only viable upgrade to Chinese resonator ukulele. I have to stress at the outset that these are not National clones and as such, have their own distinct, punchy voice. They score over the National cones in volume and to my mind sound. They are also a better retro fit in a Chinese ukulele because they are 6" in diameter -Colin also supplies the National size - 5 7/8".
Down to business
After setting up his two Ashbury resonator ukulele with new tuners, improved string spacing and action, I proceeded to be blown away by the sheer power of his cones. In these metal bodied Chinese clunkers, they sounded fantatsic. Volume a-plenty is their trade-mark but more importantly, there is a distinct eveness in the tone separation creating balance across the range; these are truly sweet, versatile resonator cones. Here is a short video compilation:

These are fab cones with their own voice - dynamite!

Top Bottom