Waikiki ukulele Festival 2017

Kimosabe

Reaction score
Wonderful going to the Ukulele Site booth. Andrew Kitakis as gracious and charming as ever. I met Chuck Moore there who had a very beautifully inlaid creation to show. I said to him that I'm not up to his level. He humorously replied that he isn't either. Then I pointed to the humble and extremely talented Corey Fujimoto, who was giving the ukulele equivalent of a Stradivarius inlaid by Botticelli a test run, and said that he is. Chuck agreed.

If you didn't make it this year, try for next year. I had to leave early but in the past I've met Ohta San, and Kimo Hussey. It is very Hawaiian in the sense that people are talented, friendly and unpretentious. You can hear many great performers and it's always enjoyable to see the young Roy Sakuma School students. Many great ukulele companies have booths and many accessories are sold. I met a few members of the NUA, the Nihon Ukulele Association, people who flew in from Japan. Lots of local people came and got seats early to watch performances. Nothing seemed to faze the ducks swimming in the nearby pond.

Aloha.

Last edited:
AW ,no pictures Kimo ? :)

this is the only year I missed. had to work. but been to so many its almost same every year.

Top Bottom