Good'ay Bruces!

fidjit

Reaction score
Good'ay all!

Ex pat Aussie ( from Down Under, Down Under (Tasmania)) currently living in Nha Trang Vietnam here.

In my younger days did a lot of guitar and harmonica playing in bands but that kinda stopped once I had kids and I've had a 23 year hiatus in seriously playing music.

Left all my guitar gear in storage back home because of luggage restrictions and because of lack of use.

Now i've got a bit more time on my hands decided to get back into it and decided to go down the Uke route rather than buy another guitar. One of the reasons is portability as all commuting etc is now done on a scooter rather than a car ( though if you saw the fridges, couches, cupboards etc the locals move on scooters you'd probably just call me a woose).

This is actually my second post here the first in the beginners forum where I got some really useful info from some of the members.

Choices here are a bit limited but ended up with something I was happy with ( looks, sound, intonation up the boards); a Chinese Andrew Concert.

Already thinking of new strings and maybe going to Linear tuning (it's a bit off putting as an ex-guitarist to try and go down but you go up trying to work out a riff :p )

Look forward to spending some time here.

Woodshedding has begun! :)

Last edited:
Good'ay all!

Ex pat Aussie ( from Down Under, Down Under (Tasmania)) currently living in Nha Trang Vietnam here.

In my younger days did a lot of guitar and harmonica playing in bands but that kinda stopped once I had kids and I've had a 23 year hiatus in seriously playing music.

Left all my guitar gear in storage back home because of luggage restrictions and because of lack of use.

Now i've got a bit more time on my hands decided to get back into it and decided to go down the Uke route rather than buy another guitar. One of the reasons is portability as all commuting etc is now done on a scooter rather than a car ( though if you saw the fridges, couches, cupboards etc the locals move on scooters you'd probably just call me a woose).

This is actually my second post here the first in the beginners forum where I got some really useful info from some of the members.

Choices here are a bit limited but ended up with something I was happy with ( looks, sound, intonation up the boards); a Chinese Andrew Concert.

Already thinking of new strings and maybe going to Linear tuning (it's a bit off putting as an ex-guitarist to try and go down but you go up trying to work out a riff :p )

Look forward to spending some time here.

Woodshedding has begun! :)

Hi there. Ex expat Tasmanian here. (I went away and came back again). Good luck with everything.

Welcome aboard. :)

I spent my first 6 months learning mainly on concert scale, I think it's the ideal beginner size.
Most of my ukes are linear tuned, (Living Water low G flourocarbon).

Good to meet you!

Hi cobbler, I like linear(low g) for jazz and country stuff. It's good to have a couple of ukes then you can have one of each. How you doing with the heat and humidity? I'm in uk and it's hot enough to boil a budgies bum over here. Tomorrow it may snow.

Well GAS has hit. As I say there's not a huge choice here but just ordered some D'Dario Titaniums to replace the OEM strings. All I could easily found shipped locally.

Working through blues scales and licks.

Fingies still hurty :(

Well GAS has hit. As I say there's not a huge choice here but just ordered some D'Dario Titaniums to replace the OEM strings. All I could easily found shipped locally.

Working through blues scales and licks.

Fingies still hurty :(

I think you mean UAS... As for strings, there are a lot of places that will ship worldwide for only a few dollars. I've been working my way through a few different types. So far I really like Aquila Reds (although I may be in the minority there).

Top Bottom