PDA

View Full Version : Aquila Low G unwound reds new tests: are there volunteers?

mimmo
07-21-2017, 02:50 AM
Hi guys,
how you already know, I am all the time on my job trying to improve the quality of strings.
This job is nothing but easy.
I think to have improved the low G unwound reds.
are there some volunteers that like to give a try?
I would like to have those that are VERY UPSET with me because the high rate of brekages of the low G reds.:o
Are there some around??
I have low G single reds for soprano, Concert and Tenor.
I will send them for gree of course plus one more that is my thanks.
If you agree send me a PM.
I do this test because I suspect that there are still some old version around. I have to understand the whole situation and the very UPSET people are my goal.
thanks
Mimmo, Aquilastrings owner & founder, Northen Italy (Venice)

Ps: when I have reach 5 or 6 guys I will stop to send samples

ScooterD35
07-21-2017, 08:55 AM
I have a tenor that had low G red breakage problems. I'd be happy to try again!

Scooter

robinboyd
07-21-2017, 01:01 PM
I'm disappointed that I can't help because I've never had any breakages with Reds and I'm very happy with them. Best of luck Mimmo.

Ukecaster
07-21-2017, 03:48 PM
PM sent. I've had low G pops on the Reds. Will the new recipe still require the special stringing method (keeping it out of the nut slot as long as possible while stringing it up)?

igorthebarbarian
07-21-2017, 04:09 PM
I love Aquila Reds! Thankful that I've never had one break. Love the feel and texture of them

mimmo
07-21-2017, 11:35 PM
well, I have a plenty of 'upset' guys that sent me a PM. thank you very much
Now it is Sunday, tomorrow morning I will send them these samples for the tests.
I trust a lot on these reds, however this test is very interesting

I would like to racomend to install them following my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PofpCUOUIr8&feature=em-upload_owner

Take care
Mimmo

Croaky Keith
07-22-2017, 12:45 AM
I have one on a uke now, & I had one break, so I'll wait & see how these go, (might even buy some). ;)

kypfer
07-22-2017, 04:10 AM
I'm disappointed that I can't help because I've never had any breakages with Reds and I'm very happy with them. Best of luck Mimmo.

I'm the same ... hi-G, lo-G, banjolele, soprano and concert - never a problem :music:

spookelele
07-23-2017, 05:42 PM
Was low G an issue? I thought it was the A that broke alot.

I've only had a low G red once, and I put it on just about all my ukes at one point....the same one... and it never broke. I'd probably still have it but I gave it away with a pay it forward uke.

I thought it was the thin ones that had breakage problems.

mimmo
07-23-2017, 08:06 PM
actually we receive just a few complaints concerning the A string.
This post is around the Low G reds only: I have in aim to improve the quality of these ones.
actually in total we do not receive many complaints back, however, these low G reds deserve an improvement.
The mean problem here is that when a Low G red broken, in most of cases I have no idea which batch it is.
Now, these Low G reds were improved a lot so it is very helpfull to have around these unhappy guys here so I can have the best feedback.

take care dude
Mimmo

WELL, I HAVE A LOT OF VOLUNTEERS NOW. SO i STOP HERE. MANY THANKS AGAIN.

Croaky Keith
07-23-2017, 10:25 PM
...... I thought it was the A that broke alot.......the thin ones that had breakage problems.

You may be thinking of the thread about the 'A' string breakages on the RISA stick/solid ukes, some of them were Reds.

My low 'G' Red broke whilst it was on a uke sitting in its case, the other one is still OK, so far. ;)